As they lay thread…

History?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nada. Just bought this farm in November and didn’t run any cameras. I’m assuming he’s from this year cause he’s too clean. My neighbor is checking his cams, he thinks he may have had him early this year. No roads anywhere close and good neighborhood so who knows.
Find anymore booners today?IMG_4013.jpeg

Waiting…
7df5d922d9fd7be3b53d16dbd780aaf0.jpeg

22e87ab0910119aa460f19615cfae1b9.jpeg

Damn

Nice shed pics! Let's see a pic of the magnum big big buck too!

I don’t wanna stray too far from the ATL thread, but this is an 80” 5 point antler I found last year. Main beam is just shy of 29”. You can see he broke off a G5 as well. When you hold it at the right angle like it would have been on his head, you can guesstimate that his spread would have been over 20” for sure. Assuming the other side was a match, he was a walking 180”+ typical. I walked a ton of miles and couldn’t find the match. I can’t hunt here either, so no history. I did turn up his left antler from the year before also. Badly chewed, but clearly him. I don’t even know if he is still alive, but I think I would have heard if someone killed him. Big boy for sure. My wife was not happy I took her pic…
5c3ff6df5137981fd5b1867d3dc4bb19.jpg

Nada. Just bought this farm in November and didn’t run any cameras. I’m assuming he’s from this year cause he’s too clean. My neighbor is checking his cams, he thinks he may have had him early this year. No roads anywhere close and good neighborhood so who knows.
Find anymore booners today?View attachment 62246
I found a very similar one too. My guess is redneck street Hunter took a shot.

IMG_3286.jpeg

Find anymore booners today?View attachment 62246

No booners today…

IMG_0230.jpeg

This is the left side of a 6.5 yr old 11 pt. I found this shed today in a wheat foodplot within 50 feet of where I found both sides last year.

He totaled about 132 last year - this side is his strong side and he put on maybe another six inches from last year on this side - which is really uncommon at his age for our deer. 60 days mg, two buck limit, dogs allowed, two weeks ml, five months bow including crossbow, and 15 adjacent landowners - most of whom bait.

I had six of seven target target bucks make it through the year this year. For those of you who say all the deer will be killed by the adjacent property owners, or the crossbows, or the baiters - you need to import some smarter deer. 😉

This is a damn good deer for south AR where the average 5 yr old is about 110”

IMG_0231.jpeg

Last edited:
All my better bucks were still holding a week ago.
87440d573b9721c457c1990f5b86da51.jpg

0d05e39c968bf680eafe1c9c2c8acde9.jpg

f18d743c100d3afee7e9af97f424d081.jpg

I’m a bit disappointed that one of them broke a main beam back in December but at least he made it through the season. Should be a stud this fall.

Lotta skull on that bad boy. I'm curious to see if he grows a normal rack next year, or if it will effect it.
I noticed that too. We should get a look at him next year, because he is a dedicated homebody that doesn't venture far away. His other side has a little kicker.

c8-IMG_0123.JPG

b6-IMG_0270.JPG

Attachments

• b6-IMG_0270.JPG
    b6-IMG_0270.JPG
    159.8 KB · Views: 13
Two days ago cameras showed about 1/3 had dropped 1 side rest still had both

First decent one of the year. I’m pretty sure I saw him this morning on the way to work still carrying his left side on a wheat field I can’t shed hunt. This is another place I can only shed hunt so I have no camera history with this deer. Oh, and that horizontal line in the back is the county road…
d5c2ce3cb67debff02167f1198f3b4fb.jpg

First decent one of the year. I’m pretty sure I saw him this morning on the way to work still carrying his left side on a wheat field I can’t shed hunt. This is another place I can only shed hunt so I have no camera history with this deer. Oh, and that horizontal line in the back is the county road…
d5c2ce3cb67debff02167f1198f3b4fb.jpg

Pick it up, I want to see a better pic!

That's a beaut. Another rough shedding process on that guy. Ouch