Attachments

• aaaaatree.PNG
    aaaaatree.PNG
    920.6 KB · Views: 122
  • aaaaatree2.PNG
    aaaaatree2.PNG
    896.3 KB · Views: 122
Last edited by a moderator:
I'd just start by taking off the dead wood and the suckers at the bottom of the tree for now. I wouldn't do to much until next winter. I'm sure maya and stu will chime in with better help.

Congrats on the new farm! Would love to hear more about it

I'd just start by taking off the dead wood and the suckers at the bottom of the tree for now. I wouldn't do to much until next winter. I'm sure maya and stu will chime in with better help.
Yup...x2, the trees are in real good shape and appear that they were taken care of at some point, so it shouldn't be bad whipping them into shape. Dead wood and a few small suckers now. In late winter start at the bottom and take out the suckers around the trunk. Next take out most of those strong upright suckers. You don't have to baby them as you would a tree that was freed up with competing trees. They have been getting good light and appear in good shape. Get all those uprights and pendant wood out over a 2-3 year period, then if need be, thin them back slowly by taking out forks. Congrats on the purchase!

What a cool story. Thanks for sharing mo.

That story made my night thanks for posting! I hope I can do something like that for my boys some day. I dont think it was a wrong decision for you to help him get established sounds like he has proven himself to be a go getR. Not that my opinion matters. Thats your business and no one elses but truly happy for you guys!

That stinks! On the bright side looks like an opportunity to attempt grafting. I imagine with those well established roots a graft would take off in a hurry! Assuming the roots are healthy

On another note How's your son getting settled into his new place?

He's in the new used house, but only to sleep. He is working 6-10's at the new Vikings stadium (you know the MN Vikings, or at least the Rams do!) and only has sat night to chase tail now. So we don't see him much. He still has some work to do on the house but will have to finish when he gets time maybe this winter. Thanks for asking!

Hahaha they put a good whipN on us! I think fishers days are numbered! Bradford came out smelling like a rose with his 50million dollar deal! Rams not so much