apple tree fertilizer spikes

JFK52

5 year old buck +
I have been buying the bulk box of 70 count Winchester gardens apple tree fertilizer spikes for the past two years. It is a 9-0-9 formulation. They are easy to apply and seem to have helped my 28 mature apple trees.
My apple trees have received some much needed attention the last two years. I had them pruned two years ago with a follow up last year. All the brush and other competition underneath the drip line of the trees was eliminated last spring. Some trees also has their South and East exposures opened up when I did my every third row pine thinning a few years back. All these trees were already planted on the land and growing when I bought it 25 years ago.
I was wondering if anyone else uses fertilizer spikes for their apple trees? If so, what brand in what X-Y-Z formulation? I figure I need at least 140 to 160 spikes for the number and varying sizes of apple trees I have on my property.

I have used spikes from time to time. Not the least cost way to do it, but it works. Most of the time I simply use a soil probe and fill the column with granular.

Thanks,

Jack

I like the spikes and purchase them from Mill's fleet or other places if on sale. They are nice to use for remote locations. Does that formula match what Jobe's sells? Jobes has two or three different sizes/ combinations in the spikes, some with special bacteria or other things which may or may not be important.
Sometimes, I just throw a spade full of rotted chicken manure at each tree instead.

I am too cheap to buy spikes. I just toss a cup of triple 19 to each tree.