Anyone try Plotscreen for Bedding?

meyerske

5 year old buck +
I'm considering using a Plotscreen-type of mix for bedding before committing to a more permanent option. Anyone try this?

Wasn't sure what plot screen was so I searched it. If you're talking frigid forest plot screen, their nuts!
$50 for and 8.5lb bag of seed :emoji_astonished:

Get yourself some Sudan grass or Sudan sorghum to experiment. Haven't bought it lately but you should get a 50lb bag for less than that.

I did plant several long rows of it through a field once to hide my access. They were always laying up against it.

Deer will bed in sorghum, especially in more open country, E wheat more than likely yes.

While pheasant hunting, I kicked up two big bucks in my sorghum. Should be at least a couple acre block in my opinion.

I’ve considered this too, I think it could work well depending on the area. A friend of mine did some pheasant hunts where they had planted tall sorghum/Sudan type cover and he said it was loaded with beds and the deer were just scooting around them in it.
I may try some In addition to some switchgrass I’m working on next spring.

My only recommendation is to plant it a bit later than recommended. The seed heads get heavy and high winds in November will make it break in half. That may not hurt for bedding. It kind of hurts when it's a road screen.