Anyone have a favorite coffee that is the BEST?

We've tried quite a few of the Black Rifle Coffee offerings and have liked them all. If we were to pick one, it would be Silencer Smooth.
We tried a couple different kinds from Black Rifle and liked them both---don't recall the names though. I should try them again because they are a company that I would like to support due their helping veterans.

Oh man! I quit coffee 1.5yrs ago. Crave it every day. It's ALL damn good! (I liked Black Rifle, and any dark roast)
I don't know how you do it. It's one of those things I've accepted as necessary to survive. I'm weak!

I drink Friele. Their roastery is about 5 minutes from my house, and it is the best tasting drip coffee I have ever tried.

If I feel like using Vietnamese coffee filters, I will use some of the Trung Nguyen or Tonkin coffee I have in the cabinet. (I was just in Vietnam in January, but I can usually buy Trung Nguyen at the Asian supermarket)

I don't know how you do it. It's one of those things I've accepted as necessary to survive. I'm weak!
I'm right there with you jsasker007. I can't live without it. If I go more that a day without, I start getting headaches.

We just use the cheap coffee grounds in bulk for the 100 cup coffee machine at work and accidentally wound up using decaf for almost a week before I figured it out. Every day I felt a little worse than the day before! Felt so crappy I ALMOST went to the doctor.

We just use the cheap coffee grounds in bulk for the 100 cup coffee machine at work and accidentally wound up using decaf for almost a week before I figured it out. Every day I felt a little worse than the day before! Felt so crappy I ALMOST went to the doctor.
For some people it's pop, for some it's tea, and for a lot of us it's the coffee, but most of us need that shot a caffeine from something everyday. LOL

The place is local to me, but they ship out too. JB Peel in red hook, NY. Wife get Vienna (germantown) blend. They custom make a blend for a fancy deli in my town. It's actualy cheaper than buying dunkin by the pound. Never really had any of their other coffee's. Worth a try for sure. I use a old schoool faberware 12 cup perculator. Put about 1.25 cups of the coffee in, with about 1/3 full of ice cubes to make it perculate longer. They grind it for you, we have them grind it coarse perculator. Tastes great through a regular drip machine too at camp.

Old bisbee roaster blends, little expensive but much better than store bought. Make it in an aeropress and it is outstanding.

Hearing of all kinds of coffee I didn't know was out there. I'm going to use this post as my list of coffee to try in the future. I like most coffee as long as it's not too bitter. But if bitter is all there is at the time I'll drink it. I'm weak!

I have to drink coffee every morning, I wake up, take a piss, then hit the Kuereg, because it is faster, and I can make it stronger then regular coffee grounds through the Mr Coffee maker. My wife, and my dog know not to bother me until I get a double cup in. I like the Victor Allen French roast that you can buy at Menards, or Fleet Farm, or Farm and Fleet. I usually use 4 pods per morning, 2 pods in a cup. My first cup is 2 small into a cup, extra strong, and gives me a jolt to deal with the wife, and dog after waking up. Then I do a medium, and a small for my second cup. That seems to get me through the morning, I use to drink coffee throughout the day, but my old man prostate, and bladder goes into over time when drinking coffee, so I limit it now to just mornings.

I have done the french press, which makes damn good coffee, but to high maintenance for early morning.

Hearing of all kinds of coffee I didn't know was out there. I'm going to use this post as my list of coffee to try in the future. I like most coffee as long as it's not too bitter. But if bitter is all there is at the time I'll drink it. I'm weak!

You can reduce the level of bitterness by adding a tablespoon of ground down egg shells.

The place is local to me, but they ship out too. JB Peel in red hook, NY. Wife get Vienna (germantown) blend. They custom make a blend for a fancy deli in my town. It's actualy cheaper than buying dunkin by the pound. Never really had any of their other coffee's. Worth a try for sure. I use an old schoool faberware 12 cup perculator. Put about 1.25 cups of the coffee in, with about 1/3 full of ice cubes to make it perculate longer. They grind it for you, we have them grind it coarse perculator. Tastes great through a regular drip machine too at camp.
I’ve always thought percolated coffee was better tasting than drip. But, maybe it’s just my imagination. Don’t see many percolators anymore.

The wife and I have been trying a variety of lends lately. I really like Tim Horton’s. It has become our regular. We switch it up with some Black Rifle here and there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The wife and I have been trying a variety of lends lately. I really like Tim Horton’s. It has become our regular. We switch it up with some Black Rifle here and there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I'll have to add Tim Horton's to the list. Black rifle was a pretty good coffee---think I tried 3 different kinds from Black Rifle and they were all good. Good coffee is like having central air. Once you have it you don't want to go without.

My wife usually buys LaColombe. It's the coffee brand behind the show "Dangerous grounds" from a few years back. I don't drink any coffee.

Smithmaker tea in Oregon is great. It's not cheap, but I might drink 5 cups of tea a year.

Both made good Christmas gifts for those hard to buy for people.

Bitter coffee...... Put a pinch of salt in it.

Im one of those glutards....... Dairy makes my #2's a huge mess, so I drink black coffee. MAkes you pickier.

I would like to up my coffee game. I like the Starbucks Pike Place I get at Sams Club. I make it in a Cuisinart 14 cup maker but I try to make only 4-5 cups per day- so I probably don’t need that thing on my counter. My wife does the pods but I just don’t like it as well.

Some little 5 cup drip coffeemaker keeps showing up on my facebook feed but they are $200 and unless I knew it was going to be awesome AND would last forever I am having a hard time doing that.

Last edited: