Anyone going to the Minnesota deer classic?

wklman

5 year old buck +
Just wondering if anyone else is going to the deer classic in Blaine this March? I'll be flying in on the 5th, Doing some apple tree pruning on the 6th on the property,and going to the deer classic on the 7th with a bunch of family and friends. We've got a couple of bucks we're going to get scored and have some fun checking out the booths.

Yeah, everybody I'm going up with are country bumpkins and would rather get a tooth pulled then go down to the cities. I'm the only citiot so I'll be doing the driving.

Impatiently waiting for the WI show in Madison the weekend of April 11th. Can't wait finally get to meet Steve B. and see him give a seminar!

I will be here likely Saturday afternoon and all day Sunday working the MNBowhunters booth. 10 arrows $5 at the aerial target launcher. Hit 5 in a row Brooks buys you a beer. Aint Blatz light either.
Safari 150.png

Always liked the fairgrounds for a venue. The deer classic took a step back when it moved to Blaine in my opinion. Not certain why they would do that.

See you this weekend Brooks.

Always liked the fairgrounds for a venue. The deer classic took a step back when it moved to Blaine in my opinion. Not certain why they would do that.

I've heard that from more then one person jerry. I've never been to it and heard it gets some neat bucks that come in every year. The buck I shot last fall is a once in a lifetime buck so I thought it would be fun to get it officially scored and the teeth aged. Plus I get to get out of this unbearable AZ heat for a while.

I've heard that from more then one person jerry. I've never been to it and heard it gets some neat bucks that come in every year. The buck I shot last fall is a once in a lifetime buck so I thought it would be fun to get it officially scored and the teeth aged. Plus I get to get out of this unbearable AZ heat for a while.

Wade you will have a great time. You can't beat seeing all the outdoor stuff, it gets your blood going. The Blaine location splits the event into two seperate buildings while the fairgrounds is one large building. Probably the same stuff but a little harder to get around.

The title sounds like an Oxymoron and a Conundrum ... "Deer ... Classic ... Minn"

:)

I have only missed one deer classic in the last 12 years but this year probably makes 2. I thought I heard it changed venues after it changed ownership. I worked our booth from 03 to 05 and it was an awesome experience. I do think think there is anything there that I need to buy and it will only make me depressed looking at bucks I didn't shoot.

I'll be the there guys look for me I'm the guy with camo hat and camo shirt!☺️

I'll be the there guys look for me I'm the guy with camo hat and camo shirt!☺️

:p What kind of camo?! Kings,predator, Sitka, mossy oak, etc..........

I'll be the guy walking around yelling "bwoods11! Does anyone know bwoods11?

I've never gone so maybe I will check it out this year. I will be the guy wearing the ANTI-DNR blaze orange t-shirt:cool:

:p What kind of camo?! Kings,predator, Sitka, mossy oak, etc..........

I stole that joke from Iowa Whitetail...so true though.

How about save a seedling, shoot a deer t-shirt:rolleyes:

I will be there, in a booth for total land management.

I will be there, in a booth for total land management.
Do you sell seed? I may have bought some from total land management in the past.

I know Tom Mesnard very well, I sit in the both , just to enjoy his companionship. This year he will bring his daughter, we will go out for supper Friday and Saturday.

I will likely be there Sunday, and plan to say hello to you guys working booths.

I went to the fair grounds 11 straight years had a blast. Stopped going when they sold it and moved it to Blaine . I heard it lost a lot in the new venue.
Best show seminar I ever attended was Steve B along with Lee and Tiffany. Steve was the wealth of knowledge and Lee and Tiffany were very entertaining. Steve and Lee did a Q&A together was hands down the best 45 min of deer knowledge and story telling I have ever heard hands down.

I'm getting a bit jacked up to see Steve's farewell performance at the WI Deer and Turkey Expo next month, I can't wait. I haven't been to the show in about 15 years, so I'm really looking forward to the trip.