Anyone get their GRIN Scion order...

Appreciate that! I was looking to get some cherry scions...apparently those are a bit harder to nab.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sent you a PM and I think chickenlittle just pitched you a meatball with that tip on Mr. Preece publication - that could be home run material right there to include. Nice Tip :emoji_thumbsup:Chickenlittle, that would put a nice polish to the request!

My GRIN persimmon order came in Friday. Just in time! My root stock is leafing out.

What conservation organization would that be and where I can see the results of your research?
Homerj nice challenge. I guess the research may be limited lol

I keep records of all scion material received. I record the name, PI #, year received and the root stock that it was grafted on. Once I have results, I'll submit it to GRIN. They can publish my findings if they care to.

I keep records of all scion material received. I record the name, PI #, year received and the root stock that it was grafted on. Once I have results, I'll submit it to GRIN. They can publish my findings if they care to.
What kind of results are you providing I don’t think GRIN wants to know how many grafts and which ones survive. My Pitch was that I wanted to try certain scion varieties on certain type of rootstock to see if there were any issues. Now I don’t know exactly what that means but every year I asked for scion from GRIN I got it and it pays to be nice to Dawn who is the one who runs the joint lol

HomerJ & Aerospacefarmer: I sent you each a private message in response. That should explain what conservation organization I am doing research for.

I received what I considered to be an audit email from the USDA a while back asking me for my research results. I replied with my results. They were okay with that. Then more recently I asked what the anticipated delivery date for my budwood would be and was told that they would not be shipping any scions this month due to a virulent fireblight outbreak in their orchard. They said they haven't decided yet whether they will be shipping out any apple scions next spring either, out of concern over potentially shipping contaminated scions.

I received what I considered to be an audit email from the USDA a while back asking me for my research results. I replied with my results. They were okay with that. Then more recently I asked what the anticipated delivery date for my budwood would be and was told that they would not be shipping any scions this month due to a virulent fireblight outbreak in their orchard. They said they haven't decided yet whether they will be shipping out any apple scions next spring either, out of concern over potentially shipping contaminated scions.

Strange.....

Were their trees wearing masks and social distancing?

bill