Anybody Fish North Carolina coastal waters?

bigboreblr

5 year old buck +
Me and the wife are thinking of going to Topsail North Carolina again. Thinking the week of thanksgiving. Anybody fish North Carolina then?

Not sure If it's too late for the shore red drum runs. Although the sea ia pretty warm this year. Thats likely our best bet. Anything in the back bays worth fishing? Debating bringing the pedal kayaks. Just focus on the surf?

Not in November. Never at Topsail. Outer Banks - Oregon Inlet. There's always fishing. A lot of catching depends on wind and weather. North Carolina coastal waters can be warm, pushed by a south wind or ice cold with winds from the other direction. There's always fishing. The decision to fish is at least day-to-day, sometimes hour to hour. At Thanksgiving it might be cold and I would normally say too cold to fish...but we're all a little crazy here. I'd leave the kayaks at home. Surf cast or find a pier that will get you out in the ocean. Charters are always an option.

I normally go mid september for flounder week and in late april for the whitefish / mullet runs. There's 3 piers over in topsail. My wife like the surf city one.

Wife n me went with plan B. Atlantic City Monday to thursday morning. About a 3 ish hour ride. Might do a party boat tuesday.

And get to hunt opening weekend of rifle in NY too!

Wife gets indoor pool in AC.