any WI guys in the DNR snapshot program?

JFK52

5 year old buck +
This is for WI guys only. Does anybody host a camera for the WI DNR snapshot program? Or perhaps have a friend or relative who does. Are you happy with the program or is it a hassle? What type of camera are you given to use? I applied to host a camera and the DNR will be opening up Portage county where my hunting land is located soon. Just wondered what I will be getting myself into if I am chosen to host a camera.
For all others, this is a program where the DNR loans you a trail camera to put on your land. Then you send them the pictures of the critters you get on the camera. It is a way to survey the health and range of several species in WI.

I recently applied to host a trailcam also. Haven't heard back from DNR yet. I suggested this exact plan to the DNR about 5 or 6 years ago. Glad to see that they finally are implementing it. If done right this should give DNR a good handle on deer and other specie numbers.

no.. but I had some sort of wetlands person show up on my land to check for water erosion. I said HUH?? I asked for credentials and they showed them too me. I said why are you hear opening week of bow season. She said I didn't know. I said what program was this? It was something to do with the USDA program blah blah blah. I said.. ahh no. Not happening and I don't care what or who said you can come here. I own this.. and if there is an issue have them call me.

hopefully they don't have the ability to just randomly check cams.

This is for WI guys only. Does anybody host a camera for the WI DNR snapshot program? Or perhaps have a friend or relative who does. Are you happy with the program or is it a hassle? What type of camera are you given to use? I applied to host a camera and the DNR will be opening up Portage county where my hunting land is located soon. Just wondered what I will be getting myself into if I am chosen to host a camera.
For all others, this is a program where the DNR loans you a trail camera to put on your land. Then you send them the pictures of the critters you get on the camera. It is a way to survey the health and range of several species in WI.

You do understand that by receiving compensation, you are agreeing to enter a contract?

Do you understand the full terms of that contract?

There is no compensation involved. It is a voluntary agreement. I looked over the contract today that you sign to host a camera and saw it could be terminated at any time by either party. I totally agree that one should understand the terms of any written agreement. I read it over in full before I put my signature on the dotted line.
I also understand that this is not a program for everyone.

There is no compensation involved. It is a voluntary agreement. I looked over the contract today that you sign to host a camera and saw it could be terminated at any time by either party. I totally agree that one should understand the terms of any written agreement. I read it over in full before I put my signature on the dotted line.
I also understand that this is not a program for everyone.

If you received a "free" camera, you accepted compensation. I learned the hard way in a WRP contract that the Govt got uncontrolled access and manipulation of my property because of one line that was missed by everyone .... will never ever accept them as a partner again.

Sounds like you are confident that you completly understand the contract.

Kinda curious why the Govt needs to give out free cameras to private land owners to gain access to their property ... good luck.