All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another animal deterrent

Not to deflate any hopes - but we had bears come up to our patio ( no we don't feed them ) with 15 of us eating and talking. The bear got to about 10yds. and several of us got up and rang a metal bell we have outside, ( it's loud ) stomped our feet and yelled at it and one guy bluff charged it. It ran about 40 yds. and came easing back in like a scolded pup !! It's not like OUR food was the only food around the area. The other camps in the area and ours all plant corn, all kinds of food plots, apple trees, etc. So Mr. Blackie wasn't starving - but he sure showed us how determined they can be when they want something. Flashing light ........... not THAT one. We need an airport tower beacon with a tornado siren !!!

Paintball gun for s situation like that.

Now if anyone has ideas for keeping pigeons off my patio, i'm all ears. I'm surrounded by houses and apartment neighbors, so any kind of propelled solution is out.

Now if anyone has ideas for keeping pigeons off my patio, i'm all ears. I'm surrounded by houses and apartment neighbors, so any kind of propelled solution is out.

A CAT. Or try a rubber snake.

One of those remote sensing sprinklers. The guy I bought my natives from grows all of his with only a 4 foot fence around them with NO problems. I think he's got two of them covering about 1000 square feet,

Owl decoy

I looked at the motion sensor sprinklers that Rally mentioned last night on Amazon. Those look pretty handy if you had water supply.