Air compressor which would you get

tooln

5 year old buck +
I'm in the market for a new air compressor. Looking around the 25-30 gallon size. 2 options, oil free or oil lube. I think I know my preference but looking for others opinions and why. Thanks for the input.

I just replaced my upright 5 horse compressor with a little one on wheels. I think I'd prefer oil, but that might just be the old guy in me that wants to be able to maintenance my equipment.

I just replaced my upright 5 horse compressor with a little one on wheels. I think I'd prefer oil, but that might just be the old guy in me that wants to be able to maintenance my equipment.
I would like to buy an air compressor that is QUIET. All the newer ones that I see are LOUD and annoying....or too expensive.

My experience is oilless are a lot louder and run hotter than oil lubed.

I would like to buy an air compressor that is QUIET. All the newer ones that I see are LOUD and annoying....or too expensive.
Do they make a quiet one?

mine's noisy as hell

bill

^ The old piston powered compressors were fairly quiet.

They're not to bad when ya add a room outside of your shop for the thing. Then run pipes with drops and quick releases throughout your building.

You don't say what tools you need to run but if it is to run tools let the tool CFM requirements be part of the decision
If you are just keeping tires aired up for example the battery powered hand held that looks like a drill ..they are the cats meow ..always ready to go ..use them on the farm and at home to handle front & rear tractor tires as well as all the mower, bikes, trailers n grand kids floats

Bear

You don't say what tools you need to run but if it is to run tools let the tool CFM requirements be part of the decision
If you are just keeping tires aired up for example the battery powered hand held that looks like a drill ..they are the cats meow ..always ready to go ..use them on the farm and at home to handle front & rear tractor tires as well as all the mower, bikes, trailers n grand kids floats

Bear
My old unit was 30 years old and died on me. What I'm looking at has more tank volume, cfm & a higher max pressure. I've a variety of air tools, paint guns and a small media blaster that my old unit handled fine. So what I'm looking at will more than handle what I need it to do. All along I had planned on a oil lube unit but was feeling out the crowd.

We have a couple Castair compressors that have been good to us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk