Age This - Test

willy

5 year old buck +
Here are some pics of a buck I took Oct. 4th. I just received the teeth results back from DeerAge.com I'll give the results after the guessing seems to have stopped.

The ones from Oct. 4th were 35 min before I put the bolt through his boiler room at 7 yards.

See if you come up with what they came up with. PICT0384.JPG PICT0786.JPG PICT0382.JPG PICT0785.JPG PICT4732 (2).JPG

I was thinking the same.....6.5

I'll say 5.5 just to be different.

What a belly, he looks mature. I'll go 5.5 also.

5 - 1/2 at least but I wouldn't be afraid to go older.

I will say 6.5 also.

I want to say 4.5, but based on the other opinions I'll say 5.5 :)

-John

I'll go with 7 1/2 since nobody has said that yet. Looks plenty old that's for sure.

5.5 years on that fine buck.

willy...I shoulda asked before...what part of the world is the buck from?
And what time of year were the two pics of him with hardened antlers? The field looks pretty green still.

And what time of year were the two pics of him with hardened antlers? The field looks pretty green still.

Duh October
Never mind. :)

OK......I'lll play........6.6 :D (dropped early spring)

Northern deer I want to say 4.5. But I'm going with 5.5 because on Oct 4 his neck ain't what it would have been in a few weeks.

Beyond that age it is a guessing game.

Smsmith,

He came for southeast NE.

Bill to be exact, head shot pics are from Aug. 31, whole body shots are from Sept. 14, and the bottom pic is 35 min before I shot him.

Do you have a jaw/ teeth picture? At this point I'm 4.5

Dipper, I do not. I took the front two teeth out and took him to the taxi.

My guess is 5.5+ years

Thanks for participating.... Deerage.com aged him at 5.5 and I prior to taking him I guessed him to be at least 4.5.

Deerage.com has been great to work with and I think they have been accurate with what I have sent in and had history with.