advisory team

wildfire

5 year old buck +
I filled out the request for being on the advisory team, does filling it out , automaticlly go to the DNR?

I filled mine and saved as pdf and emailed in but others sent it straight in from the site. Email the gal listed and she will confirm.

Make sure you do not put down an affiliation, for fear of getting rejected before you start!

JUST HAD A THOUGHT. Regarding the MN stakeholders meetings. What about a meeting of the stakeholders immediately prior to the MNDNR stakeholder meetings?.....say, like 1 hour prior to the meeting time. Give the MDDI perspective of things and present materials deveoped to date? Maybe a big undertaking.....but may also be a best approach to "educating" the stakeholders.....and getting a good result. Brooks? (my hero....what say you?)

I thought about having a bunch of orchestrated 3 minute speeches. Deliver the whole message with 10 guys.

Also thought maybe a packet we put together that was handed out to the stakeholders, and the public input meeting attendees that summarizes our concerns would be a good idea.

Will the DNR release stakeholder team names before the meeting?

Still would be good for at least some of the team to get together and discuss things.

Will the DNR release stakeholder team names before the meeting?

Still would be good for at least some of the team to get together and discuss things.

They did release the names before the SE meetings. I emailed Senator Dill with my concerns on the garbage in garbage out stakeholder process 'fact set' and have received no reply yet. Merchant has no plans of sending the info out in advance for us to review.

The packet I would prepare would go heavy on contradicting the DNR rhetoric for low deer numbers in regards to impact on:

Foresters - Foresters claiming browse issues only occur in wintering areas
Farmers - Deer predation is less than .2% of MN total ag production
Drivers - Killing off every last deer in MN would lower the risk of MN being in a car crash by 2%

Deer do cause issues, but those issues need proper context for an educated decision by stakeholders. Stakeholders will not be given that context.

If we knew one or two guys on each stake holder team that would circulate MDDI info packets.......that may be the best shot at getting the info out. Or.....if someone would go to each meeting and offer the packets at the door?

IT WOULD SURE BE NICE IF WE HAD SOME SUPPORT FROM MDHA HERE!!

You guys are going to hand out a MDDI packet to team members from the Insurance Industry? I want to see how this works.

You guys are going to hand out a MDDI packet to team members from the Insurance Industry? I want to see how this works.

It will likely have little effect on the final outcome of the process, but the hunters who are upset about the deer numbers and have enough gumption to come to meetings are the crowd that will influence change long term.

It will likely have little effect on the final outcome of the process, but the hunters who are upset about the deer numbers and have enough gumption to come to meetings are the crowd that will influence change long term.

That is what I would hope for.

If I get drawn maybe we can go over some things I can pump in everyone's brain before the meetings start!

I think there are a lot of us in the east central uplands area. Who all are in these permit areas: 152, 155, 156, 157, 159, 183, 221, 222, 225, 247 and 249?

Me
MoBuckChaser
Bat Man
Sandbur
Greta & Gus

Chances of getting a few of us the teams is pretty slim though. But I am guessing the actual # that apply compared to the actual # of hunters is pretty low.

I think there are a lot of us in the east central uplands area. Who all are in these permit areas: 152, 155, 156, 157, 159, 183, 221, 222, 225, 247 and 249?

Me
MoBuckChaser
Bat Man
Sandbur
Greta & Gus

Chances of getting a few of us the teams is pretty slim though. But I am guessing the actual # that apply compared to the actual # of hunters is pretty low.

Wildfire and 2 of my buddies as well! We have a shot!

I think there were 96 applicants in SE MN.

There will be one applicant as an officlal rep. of MCCMDHA and we might have another for the team for Camp Ripley and north.

You guys are very lucky to be able to just apply and have a chance to get on one of these committees. In WI you must be "endorsed" by either the entity you are representing or the DNR itself, such as the Dept of Transportation, Farm/Ag group, DNR for the Forestry guy, an urban homeowners association for the urban rep, and even the "hunter" rep must be nominated by the local county sportsman's clubs. Good luck to all that apply. I was shot down right out of the gate, as I don't belong to a sportsman's club from the counties I hunt in.

Me
MoBuckChaser
Bat Man
Sandbur
Greta & Gus

My application is in. I also do not live in the area and listed my home address instead of my Grandparents place. With that, if they wanted it to be people who live in the area only they should specify. Can't get in if you don't try.

Me
MoBuckChaser
Bat Man
Sandbur
Greta & Gus

Applied. With only hunting the area, and my application in general, zero chance they select me.