Advice wanted

Good luck!

Glad you got your stuff back but don't be shocked when the police don't exactly "jump" on the case after you tell them you had information and acted on it before providing them with it.
Good point, but I believe I am no further behind right now than I would have been with them in the mix, so I can live with that. To be honest with you, the trooper I filed the report with acted like it was a hassle to even give me the time of day (that never happened when they pulled me over for speeding ;)), so I will admit that I didn't have the utmost confidence they would get more accomplished than I already have, at least without some collateral damage, so to speak. I won't be terribly disappointed if they don't "jump on the case" at this point- I am already playing with house money compared with how these situations normally play out, as I already got back the item I wanted the most.
The one aspect that I still weigh is if they could have recovered other stolen items from the thief, but the lack of a permanent residence probably negatively affects that possibility, as well. Apparently, the thief works out-of-town, too, so there were certainly no guarantees. It's just a weird situation- especially since the place where I recovered the saw is only about 1/2 mile from my home- the old girl was trying to get back to me!:)