Adding Photos to a "Conversation" Thread

Wild Thing

5 year old buck +
Working with this darned conversation section on this forum is really frustrating. Why can't I post photos on the conversation thread in the same easy manner I can post them on a normal forum thread? I can do it on almost any other forum I subscribe to, but for some strange reason, this forum asks for a Url link to post photos. There has to be a better way??

From a normal thread on the forum you get this when you click on insert image…. It is a simple matter to click on drop image, enter the image number in the following link and post the photo.

IMG_2578.jpeg
This is what you get when you click on insert image from a “conversation” thread. WTF? Why all the drama here to do the same thing??? Why does it have to be different from posting a photo on the other part of the forum?
IMG_2577.jpeg

Last edited:
You mean in private messages?

If so $ is the reason. The photo portion of PM's is disabled.
Hosting costs are based on storage space. The largest user of storage is photos. So it made sense to only allow for that storage space to be used for photos that would benefit/be viewable all.

Yes - In private messages. Many forum members send me private messages, largely related to drill settings/calibrations that are unique to their situation on what they are planting this season which probably isn't very informative for the many other users on the forum who may not even own a drill so it doesn't make sense to do it in the normal thread. It is, however, nice to post photos to more clearly clarify the discussion. As you know, "A picture is sometimes better than 1,000 words".

As previously mentioned, this is the only forum I use where I can't post photos on PM's (Conversation) threads in the same manner that is normally used in the rest of the forum.

You can always use something like imgur or ImgBB.

If you do the message from Tapatalk, you can send photos I believe.

OK - I have never used Tapatalk before...maybe I will have to learn how to use it...

It does beg the question though....are photos posted via Tapatalk free on the system whereas photos posted via the normal route are costly??

Does it cost anything to post photos via those websites?
Nope. And they typically strip any meta data on the photos. I think they will delete the photos after 60 days or something if you do not set up an account. It is what I have used in the past for sharing photos through conversations.

Photos posted via tapatalk are stored on tapatalks server. Which is ok except they have a shelf life. Tapatalk frees up server space by purging old photos. I’m not sure how long they keep them.

Oh and Imgur just did the same back in May I believe. They purged old photos.

But for a PM that should be fine.

I've been thinking about this. I bet you're wrong. If there were a sticky in the food plot forums on drill settings I bet it would gets lots of looks. Probably wouldn't span 30 pages but it would be a good resource.

I've been thinking about this. I bet you're wrong. If there were a sticky in the food plot forums on drill settings I bet it would gets lots of looks. Probably wouldn't span 30 pages but it would be a good resource.
Who is wrong about what Bill? You didn't quote anybody's message??

Who is wrong about what Bill? You didn't quote anybody's message??
Sorry, you when you didn't think it would be to informative to many members. Well, you might be right about that. But it would probably be very informative to the ones with drills. And especially to the ones who are new to a drill.

Last edited:
I would learn a lot from those PMs about drill settings/calibrations

Much like farmer dan 's posts, I enjoy hearing wild thing" think out loud"

bill

I replied via private email with lots of photos on this most recent one. Maybe when I have little more time I can write something up on a new thread, which I could at least refer people to for future use.

Thanks

I replied via private email with lots of photos on this most recent one. Maybe when I have little more time I can write something up on a new thread, which I could at least refer people to for future use.

Thanks

Maybe you can add them here and I'll stick the thread.