A couple of (probably) easy tree question:

Catscratch

5 year old buck +
#1: Should I prune these new branches growing off of the main leader of this pear?

#2: Should I do anything about these spots on my Dolgo crab?

Thanks!

The picture is a bit fuzzy, but maybe cedar apple rust on the dolgo.

I don't worry about a little like that on my dolgos.

Cool, cedar apple rust and it isn't a horrible thing.
I hadn't thought of pulling them down to horizontal. Will they possibly make the tree lopsided since both are on the same side?

In the long run both branches appear to be lower than you will want permanently. Deer will browse anything they can easily reach. Doesnt hurt to leave them now as they will help increase the caliper of the tree, just keep them from competing to become the central leader. Either pinch the growing tips out of them or bring them more horizontal.

Once the CAR spots occur nothing can be done about the spots. CAR spots on apple leaves do not create more spots on other leaves.

Interesting stuff! I still have a lot to learn about fruit trees. I appreciate that I have access to instant answers when I need them, saved me a lot of google searches and time trying to figure this out!

Of the 5 trees I planted this spring the dolgo is the only one with spots. I'm glad none of the others show signs of disease and are growing well with the summer stress.

The Dolgo will be fine. Most years mine never show any signs of CAR. It was a tough spring for disease problems over much of the USA.

I consider dolgo and chestnut crab to be somewhat CAR resistant.