All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

90 degree plus lately and not a drop left in the water hole

don

5 year old buck +
You can almost sense the disappointment in the pictures.

you better bucket some out there!

Reactions: don
Light rain here right now, maybe tonight or in the A.M.

you better bucket some out there!

More like a pumper truck full unless things change soon. Its not their only water source in the area but it is in a convenient location for where they tend to bed.

Light rain here right now, maybe tonight or in the A.M.

Saw that on the radar map earlier Scott. Anything we can get is welcome but what we really need is a full day soaker once or twice a week thru mid August.

Yikes. I’d truck water to them.

But that’s from my prospect. These critters were here before us. And thank God they’ll probably be here after us.

Are those pictures of a dry/muddy runoff or am I not getting the full picture? Where the mud is in the picture isn't the edge of a dry pond or the grass on the left is usually underwater maybe?

I've never seen the grass underwater, even in the spring. There is a larger area to the left, about 12 acres that does have 6-8 inches of water in it from Sept thru June if we have the normal amount of rain. If we don't, you can walk almost anywhere and not get your feet wet. The larger area drains thru this small pond and on thru to the neighbors property where a larger pond also exists.
.IMG_0050-800x600.JPG

It has been very dry here to, rain has been thin. Got a couple inches a few weeks ago and ground sucked it right up, was great for the corn and soybeans but didn't help the water holes or ponds.
My big pond is down two feet and my smaller has shrunk to a third it's size. We got an inch today and that is great for the row crops but doesn't really help my ponds. I need an all day slow soaker or even two days!

We could too. Seems like everything goes to the North or the South of us where they don't need it and we set here in the middle and suffer. I think we have received 1.47 inches since July 1st and that came very early in the month.