M

MoBuckChaser

deleted

Attachments

• BU.PNG
    BU.PNG
    672.9 KB · Views: 100
Last edited by a moderator:
WOW doesn't even look like the paint is wore of the cultors yet. Won't be there long at that price.

I need a disk but I don't think my tractor is big enough to handle that unit. How much horsepower do I need to pull that unit? I do have sandy soil and don't plan to disc to deep?

Rear Lift capacity on my tractor is rated to 2530 lbs.

It looks brand new and the price is great, but that thing doesn't look super heavy. I'd be able to do some damage with my little 6n. Especially if you just want to disturb the soil a little bit. I just don't see that thing having the weight to really slice up some heavy sod or really eat up som corn corn stalks. That's why it would be great for food plotting...

That's a heck of a deal!!!

I need a disk but I don't think my tractor is big enough to handle that unit. How much horsepower do I need to pull that unit? I do have sandy soil and don't plan to disc to deep?

Rear Lift capacity on my tractor is rated to 2530 lbs.
When I saw this posted I immediately thought of you Freeborn. this is a nice disc and would be a good value....but IMO is too big for your tractor OTOH some Guys take a blade or two off each side of the disk and reduce the width that way. You may pull it as it is in light duty applications.....but it's not the ideal size for your tractor IMO.

When I saw this posted I immediately thought of you Freeborn. this is a nice disc and would be a good value....but IMO is too big for your tractor OTOH some Guys take a blade or two off each side of the disk and reduce the width that way. You may pull it as it is in light duty applications.....but it's not the ideal size for your tractor IMO.

Do you recommend 12" of implement for each 5 HP of tractor PTO? So in my case I have 30 PTO HP so I should stick around 6? How big is the disk you are running?

Do you recommend 12" of implement for each 5 HP of tractor PTO? So in my case I have 30 PTO HP so I should stick around 6? How big is the disk you are running?
I own the KK 5.5' box frame disk. It's got 20 blades. This looks like 24 blades. Hmmm....on second thought you just may do alright with this......worst case would be taking a blade off each side.

When I sink my disk to the hubs in my sandy soils......I had better be in 4 WD and standing on the diff lock. Doing so is pulling thru allot of dirt. If your just scratching the topsoil....that's another matter.

Doing primary tillage with a disk requires lots of traction and power. This is hard to provide advice with any certainty. Lots of variations are probable.

.......I never run out of power when pulling.....it's generally traction limitations due to weight and tire tread. You will have ample power with your tractor.....

My soil has all been tilled so I won't be breaking virgin soil but I will be disking in some corn stalks. What does a disk like that weigh? What does your disk weigh? My soil is not as sandy as the soil around your place so im thinking this unit might work as long as it does not weigh to much (no more than 1300-1400 lbs).

My soil has all been tilled so I won't be breaking virgin soil but I will be disking in some corn stalks. What does a disk like that weigh? What does your disk weigh? My soil is not as sandy as the soil around your place so im thinking this unit might work as long as it does not weigh to much (no more than 1300-1400 lbs).
I doubt that disk weighs over 1000 lbs....likely less. I think mine weighs about 800 lbs. you can likely google a weight. Most brands are similar weights. Weight will not be an issue for you.

I'll need to call the guy as Buhler does not make a 7' disc. If its their 7.5 ft disc its about 900 lbs.

Looks like it would work with my soils and tractor. I'll give him a call.

Unit was already Sold.

I'd bet the implement dealer in Onamia will get within $100 of that price on a new KK boxed frame disk. Maybe FF will too? There's always another deal out there.....and now your ready!

If you locate one and need my trailer to haul....the deal stands.

I just did a quick Craigslist search and there are some much cheaper options in wi. There is a 5' for $100. I think it is around Green Bay. A few things in that 200 range. All old stuff but it will work

Thanks for the offer fellas. I'll get one purchased by planting time next year. Seems like there are some nice units that come available but timing is everything.

Thanks again!