1st post ever! How long will my plot last?

My brassica plot is reduced to stems only. There will eventually be no green left. Looks like you still have 50% or more left.

There can't be 25 deer in there a night because it be gone in a night but you have a lot of food left in there for them to help get them threw the winter. I have little over 1/4 plot and have around 12 deer that use it daily and lasted around 10 days after the snow fell. After a while they even eat the stems.

Did the acorns hit this year for you? Nearby Ag? Lots of variables. Looks like you have food for a little while longer.

Not overly sure about the acorns, but the 65 acres of ag fields (beans/hay) on our property was harvested early November. There is a small cornfield at the top of the property belonging to the neighbor, that was recently combined. They did leave a few rows (3-4 rows of about 50yds worth) Nothing major. I hunted my plot the past two nights. Not a single deer. So confused.

Acorns may be a factor. The deer are just beginning to come to my food plots. Drought has set my plots back 2-3 months on development. Acorns were heavy this year at our place. Still there are lots and lots of them on the ground. Plenty for them to eat without my plots. Looks like you got ag to boot. The deer get a good layer of fat on them and they don't want to move far, or take any chances in daylight to get a snack. Don't lose heart. Every year is different and is a learning opportunity. Walking the woods every few weeks through the rest of winter gives you lots of info on what is going on with your deer. A deer census is fun and informative this time of year. Look that up on line. Lots of info and threads about how to do it. Pay attention to the educational opportunities and most of all have fun! "D"

IMG_0760.JPG When I put my seed down I made these exclusion cages. I don't see any reason you couldn't put one in now. It'll show you how much they're eating compared to what's in the cage.

I would assmume your PA season is over at this point or darn close. How did it hold up?
I second the cage. It will really open your eyes in some plots to just how much it is getting used instead of thinking something didn't grow or isn't growing as well as you might have hoped.