17 Days and some rain

35-acre

5 year old buck +
Not everyone gets it but man I am all "fired up"!
The work I did, mixed with some rain really looks to be paying off!
My trail cam has been sending me pics and I've watched this field come back to life based on my planting efforts.
I rarely hunt this field, maybe once or twice early season when I don't have time to get out to my stand. One this field is up and running, I get deer, turkey, bear, fox, porcupines, woodchucks, just all sorts of stuff on camera. But I just love to see the work that I did pay off. It's so satisfying!

I'll be at my property this weekend and will be able to see things first-hand and get myself some better pics. My profile pic is actually a honeybee on a previous stand of Buckwheat in this same field.

1687963771215.png

I wish I would've planted last weekend. We got quite a bit of rain this weekend. Last year I planted July 1st and we didn't get rain for weeks. So I was going to hold off this year. Your plot looks great.

I wish I would've planted last weekend. We got quite a bit of rain this weekend. Last year I planted July 1st and we didn't get rain for weeks. So I was going to hold off this year. Your plot looks great.
I've had such terrible luck with planting over the years that I've started earlier and earlier. This year I'm just trying to get back to clover and leave it. My filed is the only one around for miles in the big woods so I get a ton of browsers in there. So planting has been a challenge to get things to come to full maturity (never had turnips except for the first year). In this instance I'm looking at the Buckwheat to be a nurse crop (along with oats) and have a good amount of clover underneath that I planted. I'm hoping the clover will take over substantially in the years to come.