Yummy...BBQ venison steaks

bueller

So watching BBQ pitmasters this morning got me craving some BBQ flavor. I scraped together what I could find but didn't know what to expect. After thawing two venison steaks I coated them with some Famous Dave's rib rub and put them back in the fridge for a couple more hours. Got the grill nice and hot and seared both sides of the steaks. Then I turned down the heat and basted the steaks with Famous Dave's south side bbq sauce. I stacked them one on top of the other to prevent overcooking. Grilled them on low heat for probably 20 minutes or so basting and flipping them once or twice. Just got done eating mine and I must say wow, I am pleasantly surprised. Give it a try sometime. I know I'll be adding this to my approved recipes for venison steaks. :D

I just got a bottle of South Side..... really like it!!!!

Well the South side of Chicago
Is the baddest part of town
And if you go down there
You better just beware
Of a man named Leroy Brown

:D:D:D

So watching BBQ pitmasters this morning got me craving some BBQ flavor. I scraped together what I could find but didn't know what to expect. After thawing two venison steaks I coated them with some Famous Dave's rib rub and put them back in the fridge for a couple more hours. Got the grill nice and hot and seared both sides of the steaks. Then I turned down the heat and basted the steaks with Famous Dave's south side bbq sauce. I stacked them one on top of the other to prevent overcooking. Grilled them on low heat for probably 20 minutes or so basting and flipping them once or twice. Just got done eating mine and I must say wow, I am pleasantly surprised. Give it a try sometime. I know I'll be adding this to my approved recipes for venison steaks. :D
I just rubbed down some pork ribs this afternoon with Famous Dave's Rib rub, but finished them off with the FD's Texas Pit sauce...mmmmmmm. I was actually pretty proud of them and then I realized I had them half eaten and didn't get a pic while they were on the grill.

I just rubbed down some pork ribs this afternoon with Famous Dave's Rib rub, but finished them off with the FD's Texas Pit sauce...mmmmmmm. I was actually pretty proud of them and then I realized I had them half eaten and didn't get a pic while they were on the grill.
Funny you mention their Texas Pit sauce. When I bought my sauce I was torn between the south side and texas pit. Ultimately I fell for the south side as I have a soft spot for Chicago flavor. Besides violent crime and corrupt politicians we also have GREAT food down here. I would put it up against any other city.

....I also forgot to snap a pic until it was too late. Maybe next time.

My little brother dated a girl back in the day with a very Polish background and had family ties to the Little Warsaw area in Chi-Town. I used to love it when they went to visit her family and would bring back stone ground Polish mustard, Polish hams, and fresh made pierogies from the deli's down there...mmmmm!

here is a dry rub i've been using recently.....

½ cup of brown sugar (tightly packed into measuring cup), ½ cup smoked paprika (non smoked works as well), 1 tablespoon ground black pepper, 1 tablespoon kosher salt, 1 tablespoon chili powder, 1 tablespoon garlic powder (not garlic salt), 1 table spoon onion powder (not onion salt), 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper powder (more if like more heat), 1 teaspoon oregano, 1 teaspoon ground cumin. Combine all into a mixing bowl and mix evenly with a whisk.

i havent applied it to venison yet....only been using it on pork so far.