Your pruning status

Bowsnbucks

5 year old buck +
How's the pruning going guys ?? Anybody done......... or still in progress ??

I had to make a special trip to get it done earlier than I had originally planned, but I got it done last weekend.

The forecast for the next 10 days where my trees are located doesn't have a single day where the high temperature is below 70 degrees and five of the ten days have forecast highs over 75 degrees.

Crazy weather.

I did my orchard 2 weekend ago. All young trees and it did not take long. I have a huge mature tree I'd like to prune some more but I don't have a good pole saw. Some wild trees could use a little TLC too.

Haven't started. 200-300 trees to do.

Did mine last weekend. Going over to help a buddy do his this Friday.

I've been nipping at mine over the past six weeks or so. Pretty much wrapped up and ready to do some grafting.

Finished mine 2 weeks ago. 14 young trees and 2 mature at cabin.

Since I opened the topic ...... I have all of our younger trees done as of 3/7/16. A couple older trees need some light work this weekend. Done !! Ready to plant the new arrivals in April.

I'm about to start my apple/crab trees this evening. Roughly 3 dozen.

Pruned my peach, pear and cherry trees last weekend.

I will be doing it this weekend. I will also be planting 12 trees I bought on clearance last fall. I dug the holes last fall so it should go pretty quick. I just saw the first mosquitoes of the year so I better not have to deal with them this weekend. It is unbelievable the difference in weather the last two years. Last year at this point we still had 4' of snow.

I will be doing it this weekend. I will also be planting 12 trees I bought on clearance last fall. I dug the holes last fall so it should go pretty quick. I just saw the first mosquitoes of the year so I better not have to deal with them this weekend. It is unbelievable the difference in weather the last two years. Last year at this point we still had 4' of snow.

First mosquitoes? You poor bastard!

Mosquitoes and ticks ...... Oh goodie. Colder weather isn't so bad. Not brutal cold, but around 40-ish ....... 45-ish. No bugs - no sweating.

Freezing nights and day time highs in the 40s won't stop deer ticks. If the ground isn't frozen and snow covered, take precautions.

Boy, Chicken - you had to bust my bubble , didn't you ?? !! I don't think / worry about ticks when it's in the 40's. Now I'll have to suit-up in my HAZ-MAT suit and tape my cuffs and sleeves to work at camp. :eek: :(

Just finished pruning this week, about 100 trees. Had to remove some bear damaged limbs
IMG_4673.jpg

W/ Dormant oil, i am gonna spray at noon when its 50 degrees here, its gonna be 33 tonight and 58 tomorrow, is the low of 33 bad for oil 6 hrs post spraying. both are sunny days.....?

W/ Dormant oil, i am gonna spray at noon when its 50 degrees here, its gonna be 33 tonight and 58 tomorrow, is the low of 33 bad for oil 6 hrs post spraying. both are sunny days.....?
It's not supposed to freeze after you apply oil. You will be on the edge. Maybe wait until next week when it will be warmer. You will probably be ok though