Your favorite factory deer loads

Peeps

5 year old buck +
Wondering what everyone’s favorite factory deer loads are. Most of my rifle hunting is done with my .270 when my son doesn’t claim it before I have a chance to grab it. When he’s hunting I use a 7mm rem mag. I just recently got a 7mm-08 for my wife and daughter. That gun is quickly turning into a favorite of mine to shoot. It has a shorter barrel and a compact stock. My work rifle has an 11.5 inch barrel and I keep the stock collapsed so I like shooting very compact rifles.

I love ballistic tips, but I would always recommend Nosler Partitions to anyone. They are the benchmark for ammo and have been for a LONG time. I am saying ballistic tips in the same breath as SST, VMAX, any polymer tipped bullet for whitetail.

Wow. This depends on the rifle. My Weatherby Mark V (.308) loves Federal Vitalshock and Norma with Nosler partition, but hates Fusion. My Savage Axis (.308) loves Fusion and CoreLokt, but hates Hornady.

Try it all as it comes on sale. Find what shoots.

I reload for the 7mm mag. But my trusty old 30-06 pump gun just loves Remington 150 grain pointed soft points. (There's and old load). But it drives tacks with them so there was never a need to try reloading a better combo.

130 gr Remington CorLoks in my .270 have used them for 20 + years and cant remember them not getting the job done if I do my part.

170 grain Remington Core-Lokts in my Marlin 336 30-30

150 grain Federal Fusions in my 300 win mag
130 grain Federal Fusions in my 270

I reload for everything these days but for years I trusted Remington core lokts for everything. As a reloader I use a lot of nosler partitions and Hornady interlocks..

160 grain Nosler Partition Federal Premium for my 7mm Rem. Works great for everything from Antelope through Moose.

250 gr Hornady in my .450 Bushmaster. It is at most a 200 yard gun, but haven't killed a deer over 100 yards in the last 40 years - so suits me perfect.

Nosler Partitions and then Nosler ballistic tips. I don't like following blood trails and especially hate losing a wounded deer. I have deer just drop on the spot with the Partitions or if they run they drop in sight. I have a 264 Win Mag and a 7mm Rem mag as my primary deer rifles. If I use a different caliber I still shoot the above bullets in those rifles.

Peeps, do you have a SBR tax stamp for the rifle with the 11.5 inch barrel or are you LE?

Peeps, do you have a SBR tax stamp for the rifle with the 11.5 inch barrel or are you LE?

I am LE but also have my tax stamp. We have patrol Rifles in our squads and swat rifles. Our department rifles are Rock River arms 10.5 inch barrel rifles. We can qualify on and get our own rifle approved for use which is what I did. I just don’t trust my life with a rifle that is used and maintained by others outside of my control. I have a Colt I paid for. The department paid for the suppressor on it as I’m on swat. So far I haven’t had to shoot it on a call. Now my Glock 17 is a different story. That baby has saved my life.

Federal Premium in .270 150 gr. Nosler partition. I've never lost a deer with them. Totally agree with JFK52 at post #11 above. They drop or keel over within sight. My sons shoot Fed. Nosler partitions in their rifles as well. Hammer bullets.

Cheap federal in the blue box. 17$ at walmart in 30-06. My Tikka M695 shoots them so well I won't even try anything else.

I'm limited to either shotgun or straight walled rifle cartridge here so I shoot a Winchester 1886 45/70, favorite round for it is the Remington 310grn semi jacketed hollow point. It's not to bad of a kicker and hits where I aim, ten deer with that round so far one shot each none went further than forty yards after shot.

If I could use my 30-06 I would feed it the Barnes 150grn TTSX, deadly round. I use the TTSX in my 243 for yotes...great bullets.

For Deer, it's just what's most accurate in my rifles.
.243 - Federal Blue Box 100gr
.270 - Remington Premier Accutip 130gr
.30-06 - Remington CoreLokt 150gr
.30-30 - Remington CoreLokt 170gr

Elk
.270 Federal Premium Nosler Partition 150gr

My deer gun is a Remington Model 700, shooting Remington .270 CoreLokt 130 gr.

In fairness, I have not tried a lot of other brands or loads. This gun / bullet combination shoots so accurately out to 200 yards, I hate to fix what ain't broken. The 130gr. load expends all it's energy in the vitals, not just poking a hole in one side and out the other. Knock on wood, the deer usually don't even get out of sight before crumpling in a heap. (I am sure just jinxed myself!)

For deer I shot my .308 reloaded with Ballistic Tips for probly close to 20 yrs. During that time my experience and observations have led me to conclude that the corelokt is more ballistic than the Ballistic Tip.

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk

Over the years I think my favorite has been the federal premium nosler acubonds. I have been shooting federal fusion ammo but I prefer the acubonds.