Young apple trees with a disease?

kubes14060

Yearling... With promise
On my property I’ve planted 12 apple trees over the past three years. All are fenced and mulched with fertilizer added throughout the year. This year I noticed many of them look like this. Any ideas as to what’s happening?? Thanks so much for any info/advice!!
9f3f9038ee06102c318d14db66c3d60b.jpg
9385fbce239fb6a7983dfbe403c2283c.jpg

I have some young pear trees that look like this. It started after a very hot 2 weeks without rain. I thought it was from that. I could be wrong but it didn't look like fire blight. Mine are a lot worse then yours.

Too much fertilizer?

I have a pear that looks similar. It also happened after a hot dry period. I'm crossing my fingers.

I have one from Wally World that I planted a bit late that's defoliating on the lower branches and has spotted leaves. Even the seedlings I planted early seem to have very few leaves. I'd be interested to hear what others say about your leaves as well!Photo Aug 03, 3 12 54 PM.jpg

I have one from Wally World that I planted a bit late that's defoliating on the lower branches and has spotted leaves. Even the seedlings I planted early seem to have very few leaves. I'd be interested to hear what others say about your leaves as well!View attachment 25379

I had a newly planted kieffer do that exact same thing with the black spots a couple years ago, the tree came out of it the next spring but still isn't as vigorous as other trees planted around same time. I never did find out what those spots were.

http://habitat-talk.com/index.php?threads/disease-or-bugs.9293/

NW Greening is getting hit with something.
0df8a2f42d4dfb0e01bf208086e71059.jpg

I had NWG tacked on a flowering crab for two plus years and I lost one of two grafts to the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had NWG tacked on a flowering crab for two plus years and I lost one of two grafts to the same thing.

Art,
Potassium deficiency looks similar.

Art,

Interesting.

Most of our soils are high on potassium.

Art,

That is interesting.
I have one young spitzenburg doing similar, brown edges and some curl with twenty other apple trees around it that are fine. Shouldn't triple 15 put on in spring have fixed this if it is a potassium thing? I guess I could of missed fertilizing the tree but not twice, I usually fertilize a cup around drip line at bud break then again a month later.

I was thinking the same thing as chummer, too much fertilizer.