Wisconsin Members - where's your "dream location" for land?

Sauk county has some giant deer as well. Know plenty of 170+ type bucks shot there every year. Buying land in those areas is just hard to come by.
Marquette county has alot of swampy grounds which can give the bucks a place to hide and get some age to them.

traffic is only bad in summer north of sturgeon bay in the fish creek area etc. The remainder is really no different than any other rural area. When hwy 57 went to 4 lane it changed things a lot . Southern door county is pretty slow year around .
completely 100% agree. All the FIB's up there are absolutely ridiculous and they all drive like they are on the Eisenhower up in Ephraim. Washington Island is pretty sweet though... Don't you have to do a shot of bitters if you are a first?? Been years since I have been there.

If you know of any land in sheb county in the budget mentioned please pm me ;)
first mentioned was 1-3K than was 5K on a mature forest and well drained land. I have seen a few parcels in the 5K range over the last couple of years. I think a few of them are not in the mature forest category, but I have no idea why anyone would want a mature forest. Anything above your head is fairly useless to a deer.

first mentioned was 1-3K than was 5K on a mature forest and well drained land. I have seen a few parcels in the 5K range over the last couple of years. I think a few of them are not in the mature forest category, but I have no idea why anyone would want a mature forest. Anything above your head is fairly useless to a deer.
I'm always watching for something close to home. Occasionally I'll see 6k acre swamps. I'm starting to eye up a few subdivision lots for investments that I can hunt (bow) in the mean time

Hey everyone, life got away from me for a month.

In response to the mature forest comment, I've dealt with bad invasives in the past with limited success. 'Healthy habitat' would have been a better choice of words.

To me, 'healthy habitat' means diversity and minimal invasives. That means no monoculture swaths of reed canary grass, buckthorn, honeysuckle, thistle, etc.