All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wisconsin 2016 no tagging deer required

Fall guy

5 year old buck +
I purchased conservation license only received park sticker. So I stopped by Eau Claire DNR West Central District office. To my surprise he informed me you no longer have to tag deer unless it leaves your possession . So there is no more carcass tag. If you need to tag they recomend make copy on printer put in plastic bag and attach as before if needed. Also do not need license in your possession if you link DNR number to drivers license. Which he did for me while I was there. Times are sure changing.

I purchased conservation license only received park sticker. So I stopped by Eau Claire DNR West Central District office. To my surprise he informed me you no longer have to tag deer unless it leaves your possession . So there is no more carcass tag. If you need to tag they recomend make copy on printer put in plastic bag and attach as before if needed. Also do not need license in your possession if you link DNR number to drivers license. Which he did for me while I was there. Times are sure changing.

Yep, just register your deer over the phone or mobile app. I know my wallet will be way less bulky now. Pretty simple!