Winter Rye

SSG_AK

Buck Fawn
Can I use clethodim on winter Rye?

Are you looking to kill the rye, or everything but the rye?

Cleth will kill rye, but there may be better options depending on what all you have going on and are looking to do.

I have chicory, clover and cereal rye in my plots to build soil, also some useless grasses that I have let go this year just cover the soil since I cleared these plots last year. I want to eliminate the grasses and WR and broadcast brassica for bow this year, then overseed with rye for gun hunt.

Clethodim would work for that. 12oz per acre or about 1oz per gallon. Buy Ams supreme and add first, and add surfactant at end.

AMS liquid. 3 quarts/acre or 4oz/gallon
NIS 8 oz/acre or 15ml/gallon

Clethodim is slow, it will take 2 to 3 weeks to kill the grass fully. Would probably mow the plot after grasses are dead.

I’ve always used a lot of chemicals But one thing I am learning here is the grasses are really not that big of a deal. They will self terminate if you mow them and then the weather gets colder. They could inhibit your Braska growth though, so spraying is not a terrible idea.

Clethodim would work for that. 12oz per acre or about 1oz per gallon. Buy Ams supreme and add first, and add surfactant at end.

AMS liquid. 3 quarts/acre or 4oz/gallon
NIS 8 oz/acre or 15ml/gallon

Clethodim is slow, it will take 2 to 3 weeks to kill the grass fully. Would probably mow the plot after grasses are dead.
Thanks so much!