Winfred Brassicas

Joshm28

Buck Fawn
We planted Winfred Brassicas, Austrian Winter Peas, Ladino Clover, daikon and winter wheat and rye grain in this plot my buddy is standing in. The Winfred and Daikon have far exceeded our expectations. The field is about 2.25 acres in size. Very, very happy with the results

903m82.jpg

Nice! Mine have been eaten to the ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd be happy too. That looks great!

Thats about what mine look like. Tall and not being eaten.

Looks really good! I had good luck with Winfred a couple years ago---think I might have to try them again.

The brassicas and grains look Great. Just curious why did you add clover and peas to your mix. Looks to me like the brassicas were planted thick and the winter wheat and rye have filled in nicely but I don't see any peas and I'll bet the clover has been shaded out completely. Brassicas should be planted by themselves. If they grow, as yours have to maturity, and get 18 to 24 inches tall, they will completely shade the ground and keep anything from growing. Your clover, if it did germinate, won't make it shaded underneath that Beautiful cover. Plan on reseeding your clover, come early spring, if you plan on having a summer crop of clover. Good luck and Great looking brassicas.

when did you plant,where are you and any fertilizer added are my questions? Great looking plot to be proud of. Good luck and thanks for the pics