Windows 10

MA VT Flatlander

5 year old buck +
People using windows 10 do you like it or not ?

It takes some getting use to. A lot better than 8. Over all I like it.

I have windows 10 and have been trying to install an upgrade all week but it keeps getting stuck at 99%. Otherwise it's been good.

I did some beta testing on it before the release last July, I was not impressed, and given all the built in spyware from Microsoft, I have decided to stick with Win7 on all my computers at home. As of yesterday I was forced to switch at work, still not impressed with Win 10. I am sticking with Windows 7 until all support completely stops for it, then I will migrate all my computers to Linux.

Www.never10.com works great!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Went back to 7 after 3 weeks of 10 at work. Nothing but headaches.

Www.never10.com works great!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
That will help you until Win7 support stops Jan 14th 2020, then it will be the same as the end of Win XP, no more virus updates or fixes.

That said, I used Win XP for 2-1/2 years after support stopped with no issues whatsoever?

Last edited:
I am sticking with Windows 7 on both my desk top and laptop computers. My very computer literate friend installed Windows 10 and it crashed his computer. He had to uninstall it and reinstall Windows 7.

I bought a new computer that had Windows 8 on it. I had some issues so I upgraded that one to Windows 10. I'm running Windows 7 on all my other computers and will not upgrade them. Instead I'll attrit them and use whatever OS is the latest when they die or lose support.

Other than the pain in the butt user interface if you aren't using a pad with a touch screen, the thing that I really hate is the forced updates. You have almost not control. The best you can do is delay them. There are several things I use that this breaks. I have not found a way to work around it.

What is even worse than Windows 10 is the nagware/malware that Microsoft is including in Windows 7 updates trying to push folks to upgrade to Windows 10. I've been installing updates manually to avoid it, but it made it onto my wife's laptop. Somehow it started upgrading. I responded "no" to the EULA and it aborted the installation and fell back to Windows 7. I later had an issue updating Windows 7 and found that the windows 10 install had wiped out all of the Windows 7 restore points. I ended up having to reinstall Windows 7 from scratch.

Microsoft's attempt to strong-arm users is unbelievable!

Thanks,

Jack

I bought a new computer that had Windows 8 on it. I had some issues so I upgraded that one to Windows 10. I'm running Windows 7 on all my other computers and will not upgrade them. Instead I'll attrit them and use whatever OS is the latest when they die or lose support.

Other than the pain in the butt user interface if you aren't using a pad with a touch screen, the thing that I really hate is the forced updates. You have almost not control. The best you can do is delay them. There are several things I use that this breaks. I have not found a way to work around it.

What is even worse than Windows 10 is the nagware/malware that Microsoft is including in Windows 7 updates trying to push folks to upgrade to Windows 10. I've been installing updates manually to avoid it, but it made it onto my wife's laptop. Somehow it started upgrading. I responded "no" to the EULA and it aborted the installation and fell back to Windows 7. I later had an issue updating Windows 7 and found that the windows 10 install had wiped out all of the Windows 7 restore points. I ended up having to reinstall Windows 7 from scratch.

Thanks,

Jack

Yeah, as much as it pains me to say; Either a MAC or Linux is in my future. Microsoft doesn't want to be in the OS game anymore. And they weren't great when they did!

-John

Thanks,

Jack

That's the entire reason I'm currently running 10...I meant to hit the cancel/remind me later/whatever it as called button for the 23458690342563427653924th time and accidentally hit install instead. I like it better than the previous version/version that was installed, myself I'm guessing that was windows 9? I bought the laptop close enough to Windows 10's release that I got a free upgrade. So, it had whatever the previous version was.

I switched to a MAC for the house after Windows XP. My camera system is running on an old laptop with 7 on it. That will be my last windows based machine.