WINA Conceal Height

roymunson

5 year old buck +
I have roughly 8 weeks of growth on my Conceal edge, and I figured it'd be taller than it is. I'm about knee height at the moment. I assume it takes time to get it going, but how long does it take your sorgum and sun hemp, etc to get to head height? Wanted to make sure I'm not missing something and need to add something.

We've been really wet until the first week of july, then it's leveled out.

Nitrogen

Most grasses love nitrogen and the heat of the summer. Depending on when you planted and the like can influence just how tall it gets as well. That fact is very evident in my area right now with the corn. You might add some urea and see if that helps. You may have missed the window a bit but it's worth a shot if your not seeing signs of the plant maturing.

That is disappointing. My sudan grass, milo, millet screens are over 4' now after ~ 8 weeks. This is even after later cold spring that extended into June. I buy my seed locally through our feed mill so I know the seed is fresh and suited for our region and growing conditions. As stated above, go get 100 lbs Urea per acre and see if you can jump start, then pray for rain ...

I'll try that...

Maybe the deer are browsing it too, i didn't get right into it, but there's no sunflowers to be seen, nor sunhemp... but I haven't heard a lot on sunhemp in my area or how it does. It was something to try... Maybe I'll try to get some urea on it and see if that perks it up