All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will it recover?

chbarnha

5 year old buck +
Been a few weeks since I’ve been at the land, and my crabapple looks like the Japanese Beetles had a good time with it? Will it recover or no?
277907de75ca068c09253f616ce53530.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We've had that happen to some of our trees at camp. They come back. Spray & wait. Next year, try - if you can - to watch for the first Japs to appear ............. then hammer the spray on them. Japs do the most damage to our trees. Strangely - they seem to prefer certain varieties over others. Don't know why.

We've had that happen to some of our trees at camp. They come back. Spray & wait. Next year, try - if you can - to watch for the first Japs to appear ............. then hammer the spray on them. Japs do the most damage to our trees. Strangely - they seem to prefer certain varieties over others. Don't know why.
Like a lion picking off the weakest gazelle, the Jap beetles are more than likely concentrating their efforts on your weakest trees. If they do happen to be certain varieties year after year, those varieties have something about them that makes them unhealthier than your other varieties.

Been a few weeks since I’ve been at the land, and my crabapple looks like the Japanese Beetles had a good time with it? Will it recover or no?
277907de75ca068c09253f616ce53530.jpg

My depend on when you planted it. If it is fully established it will probably live. Leaves look like it may be suffering from Iron Chlorosis as well.

My depend on when you planted it. If it is fully established it will probably live. Leaves look like it may be suffering from Iron Chlorosis as well.

It is a 3rd year tree.

It’ll be fine if it’s just jap beetle damage.