All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will a completely grazed apple come back?

bgusty

5 year old buck +
Planted a few apple trees this spring and one just got destroyed by deer. I had them fenced in completely with 7 foot wildlife netting and they ripped all of it down.

Will it survive and come back?
1f0d939819d4fe024045b20bf027b769.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, but maybe not next time - like the previous comment "time for a fence". Im not a fan of the candy cane wrap either (because I had an apple tree wrapped with that and it end up looking like a candy cane after the mice got at it.; aluminum window screen for trunk wrap , and paint the trunk on the south side white. You can wack a few of those lower limbs off as well. The tree should do fine in the long run.

If you planted it this spring, it may or may not bounce back. You won't really know until next spring. Fence it now. I like remesh for fencing. It really depends on how well the root system got established before the tree got hit.

Thakns,

Jack