Wildlife Group Order

Jordan Selsor

5 year old buck +
Well got a wildlife group gift card for Christmas and placed an order today. Here is what I ordered. Anyone try any of these? Any feedback is appreciated
chinese Sequins x5
Dolgo x1
Fuyu persimmon x1
Ms laneene pear x2
Senator clark pear

Yep - I have a couple Dolgo crabapples growing at camp. This spring will be their 3rd year in the ground. No fruit yet ( maybe this spring? ) but they are growing real well. They get to be pretty big trees - 30 to 35 ft. and put out a lot of crabapples. I'll be planting more of them this spring.

Jordan, I planted Ms. L. this spring and have had Senator C. for a while. Got my first small handful of pears off Senator C. this year and they were nice. The Dolgos I got from them were loaded this year. I bought 5 of the Chinese Sequins and lost them all. I'm not certain why, because I was growing them at home and taking good care of them.

The pears and crabapples seem very hardy here and I'm happy with the plants. My only beef with WG is the Autumn Rush apple I bought this spring that is advertised as being disease resistant. It was eat up with CAR all year long. I've not brought this up to them, but I plan on mentioning it when I order again. Right now I really don't need any other plants except for the AU IV Chestnuts you and I have discussed before. I will get those next spring.

Good Luck - Steve

Jordan, I planted Ms. L. this spring and have had Senator C. for a while. Got my first small handful of pears off Senator C. this year and they were nice. The Dolgos I got from them were loaded this year. I bought 5 of the Chinese Sequins and lost them all. I'm not certain why, because I was growing them at home and taking good care of them.

The pears and crabapples seem very hardy here and I'm happy with the plants. My only beef with WG is the Autumn Rush apple I bought this spring that is advertised as being disease resistant. It was eat up with CAR all year long. I've not brought this up to them, but I plan on mentioning it when I order again. Right now I really don't need any other plants except for the AU IV Chestnuts you and I have discussed before. I will get those next spring.

Good Luck - Steve

Tks for all the feedback Steve. I hate to here about your bad luck with the sequins! That's weird. I sure hope mine do ok. I will be sure to let you know how they do.
I've read the senator clark pears taste excellent. Can you confirm that?
Im excited about the ms laneene which they basically describe as a late drop keifer.

Tks for all the feedback Steve. I hate to here about your bad luck with the sequins! That's weird. I sure hope mine do ok. I will be sure to let you know how they do.
I've read the senator clark pears taste excellent. Can you confirm that?
Im excited about the ms laneene which they basically describe as a late drop keifer.

Yes, the Senator Clark did taste very good - not as good as Ayers, but much better than Moonglow.

Please do let me know how the Sequins do for you. It must be something about my soil, because I have heard other folks they did fine for.

PS: I also planted the Gate Pear this spring. All of the pears I put out this spring really grew a lot this year and look very healthy.

Yes, the Senator Clark did taste very good - not as good as Ayers, but much better than Moonglow.

Please do let me know how the Sequins do for you. It must be something about my soil, because I have heard other folks they did fine for.

PS: I also planted the Gate Pear this spring. All of the pears I put out this spring really grew a lot this year and look very healthy.

You got some trees in the ground don't you! ?Bet your place is awesome! I know you have put allot of work into it!

You got some trees in the ground don't you! ?Bet your place is awesome! I know you have put allot of work into it!

Thanks Jordan. I've been trying to create lots of diversity, and its something I love doing.

Native hunter you mentioned Ayers. Is this a good disease resistant low maitenance tree? I remember seeing some at lowes last spring. I always give in to the temptation an by one of their 6' tall trees

Native hunter you mentioned Ayers. Is this a good disease resistant low maitenance tree? I remember seeing some at lowes last spring. I always give in to the temptation an by one of their 6' tall trees

Jordan, its a bullet proof variety here. No sign of any disease, bears well with no spraying, and great tasting fruit.

I am border line for ayers but I got one on sale last fall for $3 at tractor supply. I planted it last spring after leaving it in the pot all winter. I was shocked it made it through last winter and put on tons of growth this year. I left it unprotected as a test to see if one it will survive the winters up north and two to see if the deer would browse it. It has far out performed the pears I got from cummins but I am interested to see how it compares now they are on equal conditions. I put it as the last tree on a deer trail before a field, they did not take one nibble off it and it did not get rubbed so maybe it will turn into a gem, or it will be dead in 3 months.

Well I got my order from The Wildlife Group about 1 wk ago and trees looked great! I was really surprised at the size of the chinese sequins at 24" or so! Got a call from my wife yesterday while at work an she says I have another box from the wildlife group on the front porch! So she checked the invoice and they sent me a duplicate order!!!! WTH I got a call into them to see how they want to handle it. Im not worried about getting double charged since trees were purchased with a gift card. She was supposed to call me back yesterday and I have yet to hear from her. Its gonna be 72 today. Would hate to see these trees die. Told them I don't mind giving them a little something for them but my tree budget for the year is already overextended so it cant be much!
Got my initial order watered and in a pot in the cool basement for now!

Here are my sequins, pears, fuyu persimmons and a dolgo. Soon to hopfully be x2 soon;)
image1 (17).JPG