All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wild Turkey Question(s) i.e. crazy idea I hatched.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oakseeds, Thank for the info on coyotes. It was very interesting. The film clip on the coyote hunt was truly sickening and stomach turning. Calling non-hunters attention to such videos is an excellent way to encourage grass-roots outrage and campaigning against hunters - not an esp smart thing to do if you are a hunter. It was truly disgusting. If I ever considered allowing any hunter on my land, that video clip permanently ended any and all such possibility forever. I once did allow a hunter on my land. After seeing that video, I will never, EVER do so again. Truly stomach-turning and truly something which would cause a person - who did not already have a negative view of hunters - to develop one very quickly.

Two days ago, I read where some idiot wild life photographer found a rattlesnake and decided to take selfies with ithe snake around his neck. Shortly thereafter it bit him causing him to land in the hospital. I passed the comment to my husband that doing so was arguably the stupidest thing I had ever heard. He told me that there is nothing so stupid that there is not someone, somewhere who will not try it. Exposing non-hunters who were fairly neutral about hunting to that video and then trying to convince them that they were unfair to hunters is right on up there with the rattlesnake maneuver. I have a will which states that after my and my husband's death our land is going to a land trust. After viewing that video, I am going to amend the will to read only a trust which can guarantee that the land can never be used for hunting will be eligible. After engaging with some of you guys here, I was thinking maybe I was not being fair. Maybe I should reconsider some of my views. Exposing me to that video guarantees that no one will ever hunt on my land for as long as I live and indefinitely thereafter. Again, the video was absolutely stomach-turningly disgusting and exposing me to it, while at the same time advocating for hunting was - in all due respect - not very smart. After seeing it, I wanted to vomit. I have never considered joining any anti-hunting movement before but I sure as hell could consider it now after viewing that video. After watching that video, I am going to donate money to anti-hunting lobbies. For sure now, no one will EVER hunt on my land......absolutely disgusting!

Bill,

Does Lois win trophy points for" most responses to a post in a 3 day span?"

Maybe the.........dipper trophy........

bill

Natty, My "true colors" are that I am a naturalist and I want more balance. This site is a habitat-talk site and that means ALL people who have view on the habitat are welcome. I have every right to present my perspective and "true colors." You do not own the habitat. I do not own the habitat. It is for all of us and it is perfectly appropriate for us to discuss how we feel it should be best managed. "True colors" indeed. What are your "true colors?" What is with all of this ad-hominem? Do you think only hunters should have any say in the habitat? What about the rest of us? We live here and pay taxes also. Do we get any say or are we just people who get in your way?

Oh, Lois. I didn't want to throw out the word troll, but I am now convinced you're here only to stir the pot. Go back and read what I have written. You might actually learn something. Be open minded to the fact that you are ill informed about most of what you have written in this missive of a thread. You did a good job of hiding your anti-hunter mindset for the first 3 pages, but those posts on page4??? Blamed hunters for everything...."my" animals and "my" wildlife..."you guys" did this....want to hike on public land but hunters can't use it.

I'm done.....

Oakseeds, Thank for the info on coyotes. It was very interesting. The film clip on the coyote hunt was truly sickening and stomach turning. Calling non-hunters attention to such videos is an excellent way to encourage grass-roots outrage and campaigning against hunters - not an esp smart thing to do if you are a hunter. It was truly disgusting. If I ever considered allowing any hunter on my land, that video clip permanently ended any and all such possibility forever. I once did allow a hunter on my land. After seeing that video, I will never, EVER do so again. Truly stomach-turning and truly something which would cause a person - who did not already have a negative view of hunters - to develop one very quickly.

Two days ago, I read where some idiot wild life photographer found a rattlesnake and decided to take selfies with ithe snake around his neck. Shortly thereafter it bit him causing him to land in the hospital. I passed the comment to my husband that doing so was arguably the stupidest thing I had ever heard. He told me that there is nothing so stupid that there is not someone, somewhere who will not try it. Exposing non-hunters who were fairly neutral about hunting to that video and then trying to convince them that they were unfair to hunters is right on up there with the rattlesnake maneuver. I have a will which states that after my and my husband's death our land is going to a land trust. After viewing that video, I am going to amend the will to read only a trust which can guarantee that the land can never be used for hunting will be eligible. After engaging with some of you guys here, I was thinking maybe I was not being fair. Maybe I should reconsider some of my views. Exposing me to that video guarantees that no one will ever hunt on my land for as long as I live and indefinitely thereafter. Again, the video was absolutely stomach-turningly disgusting and exposing me to it, while at the same time advocating for hunting was - in all due respect - not very smart. After seeing it, I wanted to vomit. I have never considered joining any anti-hunting movement before but I sure as hell could consider it now after viewing that video. After watching that video, I am going to donate money to anti-hunting lobbies. For sure now, no one will EVER hunt on my land......absolutely disgusting!

Ok so now I'll lock it. Oaks didn't post any video links and can't be responsible for what Google brings you in a search.

Status
Not open for further replies.