Wife's Giving UTV Green Light -- Which One?!!!

Got to ask; what are her/your times in the marathon? PR's?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I love my kaw mule 4010. Putting better tires on it made it so much better.

400bdfe894febf25e43111edfb91338b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats on the new toy.

I love my kaw mule 4010. Putting better tires on it made it so much better.

400bdfe894febf25e43111edfb91338b.jpg

What year is that one ? Did you put Big Horns on it ?

What year is that one ? Did you put Big Horns on it ?

No. Those are itp's. Mine is a 2008 I believe.

Got to ask; what are her/your times in the marathon? PR's?
Catscratch, we got into running marathons a bit late in life (around our 40s) so no crazy blazing speed on my part -- finished most of mine right at the 4 hour mark with just a handful under 4. My PR was 3:52 if memory serves. Wish I had run them in my USMC days when I was about 20 pounds lighter.

The Mrs. on the other hand ran the vast majority of hers between the 3:45 and 3:50 mark. Think her PR was 3:41.

We went a bit crazy at one point -- prior to adopting our daughter we were actually trying to run a full length marathon in every state and both crossed the same 36 states off our list, averaging a marathon a month over a 3 year time frame.

Her times allowed her to qualify for Boston so she ran it several times, but with my times being over the male qualifying time, craziest thing I ever did was running a 12 hour race in Massachusetts that started at night. I was nursing an injury going into it and hadn't logged nearly as many training miles as normal, so figured I SURELY could run 26.2 well under 12 hours to knock Massachusetts off the state list and then just keep running the remaining time for kicks and giggles, with the crazy idea I might be able to make it 50 miles before stopping. Ran 50.6 before calling it quits. First 36 or so were bearable... last 14 were an exercise in insanity. First and last ultra event for me.

Last edited:
Very nice, Thanks for introducing your family to us too! Also, I spy with my little eye a CC sitting behind the fence. Awesome!
Seabee, saltwater fishing is every bit as much a passion as deer hunting and I ESPECIALLY enjoy targeting cobia. Any forum members ever down Tallahassee, FL way between May and Sep give me a shout... ALWAYS looking for an excuse to fish for cobes. Put quite a few friends on them! :)

Put this clip together to pick on friend at the end... I put him on fish several trips out, but it TRULY took two years before he landed one. He deserved the ribbing. ;)

Catscratch, we got into running marathons a bit late in life (around our 40s) so no crazy blazing speed on my part -- finished most of mine right at the 4 hour mark with just a handful under 4. My PR was 3:52 if memory serves. Wish I had run them in my USMC days when I was about 20 pounds lighter.

The Mrs. on the other hand ran the vast majority of hers between the 3:45 and 3:50 mark. Think her PR was 3:41.

We went a bit crazy at one point -- prior to adopting our daughter we were actually trying to run a full length marathon in every state and both crossed the same 36 states off our list, averaging a marathon a month over a 3 year time frame.

Her times allowed her to qualify for Boston so she ran it several times, but with my times being over the male qualifying time, craziest thing I ever did was running a 12 hour race in Massachusetts that started at night. I was nursing an injury going into it and hadn't logged nearly as many training miles as normal, so figured I SURELY could run 26.2 well under 12 hours to knock Massachusetts off the state list and then just keep running the remaining time for kicks and giggles, with the crazy idea I might be able to make it 50 miles before stopping. Ran 50.6 before calling it quits. First 36 or so were bearable... last 14 were an exercise in insanity. First and last ultra event for me.

Great job to both of you! Something about the last 4 miles of a marathon that is pretty tough. I did several 50k's but never did a time run, always wanted to though. Your wife wasn't in Boston during the bombing was she? I know someone who was in that race but she wasn't near the finish line when it happened. I could have ran Boston several times but never committed to making the trip. Dang races are expensive! One a month for 3yrs is crazy! Doesn't give you much time to recover. 36 states is amazing, way to go!

Your wife wasn't in Boston during the bombing was she? I know someone who was in that race but she wasn't near the finish line when it happened.
Ran almost all of ours between 2004 and 2006, so the Mrs. blessedly wasn't in Boston when the bombing occurred.

Seabee, saltwater fishing is every bit as much a passion as deer hunting and I ESPECIALLY enjoy targeting cobia. Any forum members ever down Tallahassee, FL way between May and Sep give me a shout... ALWAYS looking for an excuse to fish for cobes. Put quite a few friends on them! :)

Put this clip together to pick on friend at the end... I put him on fish several trips out, but it TRULY took two years before he landed one. He deserved the ribbing. ;)

Don't be sayin that to loud!