Who's working in the woods this weekend?

Looks pretty good
8630944ab8b45e2a87b0651d105bd491.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Habitat season 2018 is coming to an end.

not all of it is the fun kind
got out to weed whip the elderberry planting from this spring one last time, 720ft long around 120 plants. yellow prairie clover was about to swallow them.

Also topdressed the foodplots with fert an cereal rye. And hung a trail cam on the n1a plot.

Was hoping to be out of the woods at this point since the season opened on Saturday.

But sometimes you just have to get things done that will help in the long run.

Attachments

• 20180903_140242.jpg
    20180903_140242.jpg
    818.3 KB · Views: 30
Stands got hung today. I have one shooting lane to trim. Planted food plots in the rain earlier this week. Ready to roll.

ah yes, stand trimming chores, knew I had another reason to kick off down to the property.... chainsaw, pole saw, loppers, pruners,.... good day today, 200 lbs rye, 15 lbs med red clover, 10 lbs PTT as fill in for areas washed out with the heavy rains after last planting. My number one plot has turnips about a foot tall already, so they got the achievement award of 28 13 13. that plot will be the source for turkey day turnips for sure!

Nothing fun for me. Trimmed yard bushes til my back gave up, mowed the yard to rest the back, then trimmed more bushes before quitting in time to grill deer steaks at dark. The 60 degree temps felt good.

Managed to get my “must do” list knocked out yesterday before the remnants of Gordon dumped on us. Moved a stand, brushed in another, built a ground blind for gun/muzzleloader season.
ba89168d553ade6c999980a027952763.jpg

Along the way I discovered the right side of an up and comer, and just beyond, the best find of the day, an oak log covered with chickens!
7508479bb97e2c91ce9987aa5dfec008.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I planted Winter rye, winter wheat, and Crimson Red clover September 1st, and as of this past weekend, everything is growing good. Clover is about 2 inches tall, winter wheat and winter rye is about 3 inches tall. I am glad I actually got a chance to get it planted.

phew, warmest, humidest day of the weekend and I decide to run a few tanks of mix through the farmboss 390. drencehd with sweat but I think I got done what I wanted, trying to pinch deer down towards a stand from along a fence. cut dropped and made a tangle that should get em to take the easy way out, closer and in sight of a stand. turnips are growing like mad, shuld be starting to set bulbs soon, durana might be visible, but hard to tell what clover is what when small, fingers crossed. so much moisture, shrooms are everywhere.

Hot and humid here but I got stuff done. Manual labor will wear you out. One of the many loadsFB_IMG_1537133467935.jpg

looks like a good stack of wood, I was going to do the same today for my sister, but she left her trailer last time camping, I'm willing o cut it, not haul it all...... her loss. Instead I'll be spending the day cleaning my chainsaw up, trying to find an affordable tractor mechanic, and maybe trimming a stand location, it's in a mulberry and it seems to try to grow like a weed right in the wrong spots every year. Hope i can reach some of the spots with the pole saw, I don't feel like doing the high wire act on limbs.

On Saturday I planted this year's crop of hardwood and pear, then trimmed lanes. This morning, I'm looking at my arms and see the ivy coming up already. This is after washing with Tecnu. I wonder how bad it will be by Wednesday?

Went in to trim lanes today, only nipped a few water sprouts, a couple vines. after climbing down got a horrible text message, good friend/ co hunter lost his son in a horrific car accident last night on 209 in the poconos PA. Matt was a greatkid, knew what he liked, how he wanted to support himself in the futre, studdied and worked hard. Best friend to his father Glenn. Matt you will be missed by all who knew you, rest in peace.

Hard to find words.
Sorry for you and the family.....

R.I.P.

Mikmaze - Sorry to hear of the loss. God Bless the family.

thanks guys, accident still under investigation, just plain horrible.

Team family effort.20180923_160329.jpg

Mr. Mom day... Had a couple habitat projects to wrap up so hauled the rascals out to the farm! Yes I am aware it’s bow season. Guess I am getting less serious these days. Think they ran every deer off for 3 sq miles! Ahh well lol. It was a good day! An the clover looks SAWEET even if i do say so myself:) An a Kiefer pear the size of Texas!
84BBF0FC-D5D5-4FB8-B3F1-A6451CB1BCA5.jpeg
5ED154A6-02EE-4A79-B724-F7C193952813.jpeg

That little girl is going to ornery and spoiled!
I wouldn't want to be first pimply faced kid to break her heart those boys will thump that kid :)

thanks guys, accident still under investigation, just plain horrible.
Mik,
Just saw this. That's terrible news...heart goes out to the family and friends.