what's going on with this doe

bueller

At first glance she appears pregnant and ready to drop any day now right? But she has looked this way all spring. And I think I have pictures of her last summer and fall where she looks like an old anterless buck with that big sagging belly. Is she just an old lady that eats well? That's a yearling behind her, not this year's fawn.

She looks pregnant!

Hard to believe she would still be carrying fawns, but it is possible. IF she looked like this last year maybe she is just a fat old lady. The yearling in the background also has a full/saggy belly for a young deer in mid summer.

I saw a very tiny fawn in October years ago that still had it's spots.

Assuming she is an old lady that didn't have fawns for the last two years she should be a top target for me correct? To the date I've only seen her on camera, never in person.

To the date I've only seen her on camera, never in person.
She is like Santa Claus! She knows when you've been sleeping, she knows when your awake.................she will bust you in your treestand, when you make the slightest mistake.....:eek:

She is like Santa Claus! She knows when you've been sleeping, she knows when your awake.................she will bust you in your treestand, when you make the slightest mistake.....:eek:
Well said. Bust that girl before she busts you.

I have one that is good at picking me out. But she had twins last year so she had a free pass. One time she was blowing and stomping at me 15 yards away in a tree and one of her little ones was mimicking her but clearly didn't know why she was doing it or even where I the danger was. I saw them nearly every time out during the archery season. She has twins again this year so I'll take the good with the bad.

I'll be watching the one in the pictures above over the next couple months. If I do get a shot at her I may go back for the ATV to drag her out ;).

Maybe she never has fawns ..... she just gives birth to yearlings!:eek::D I would say that old gal has been around awhile and while the other deer are losing weight from nursing fawns she just keeps packing on the weight.

Maybe she never has fawns ..... she just gives birth to yearlings!:eek::D I would say that old gal has been around awhile and while the other deer are losing weight from nursing fawns she just keeps packing on the weight.

That right there is funny :D

I had one like that last year on camera. I dont think she gave birth. Her stomach just kept getting bigger, and she kept getting skinnier as witnessed by all her bones showing through her skin like hind quarters, shoulders, etc. Then she disappeared and I never seen her or got pictures of her again.

I saw a very tiny fawn in October years ago that still had it's spots.
I had that happen last year during bow in October.
I had 2 yearlings and a doe come in. As I sat and watched for maybe 5-10 minutes as they milled below me, the doe let out a bleat. All of a sudden a fawn with spots came running to her. I let them pass. I figured the fawn would struggle if I removed her milk so close to winter. She was too small to have been weaned yet.

I have had one like that for a few years now. She actually disappeared last spring and I thought she died but she showed back up this year. She always looks pregnant and is always alone. I have only seen her in daylight a couple times but she walks by the camera almost every night from 11-1130.

Definitely an old girl, big mule face on her and sharp brisket. She does look pregnant..maybe just a really good eater.

maybe she just a "good ole biggen" as a buddy of mine says