What would you do?

yukonhunter

A good 3 year old buck
Do you think it will fill in or should i spread some rye? Upstate ny..we have had the worse drought that anyone can remember. I just put urea down after this picture and we got a good rain that night.

Attachments

• 20160910_091046.jpg
    20160910_091046.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 53
Yes. The WR will fill in a bit but more importantly, it will keep the ground covered next spring.

Do you think it will fill in or should i spread some rye? Upstate ny..we have had the worse drought that anyone can remember. I just put urea down after this picture and we got a good rain that night.
I would, it has been dry here in MI also this summer, my brassicas were spotty and I went in with rye and buckwheat, buckwheat because I had some otherwise it would have been just rye, some rains lately and the brassicas are coming around. The rye isn't going to hurt them, good luck!

I agree with both posts. Get the rye down to help protect the ground and deer will enjoy it also. I was up to the finger lakes region this past July and saw your drought. Man was it crispy. Hopefully things start going in the right direction it has been really dry here in NW Pa too. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WR all the way.

Agree with all the WR replies.