Went through a rough one Monday night

H20fwler

5 year old buck +
udb57Qb.jpg

Our eleven year old BLF Dixie got ate up with cancer really fast, she was hunting two weeks ago with us and started going down hill fast.
We put her down Monday night, she was buried under an apple tree in the orchard overlooking the big pond where she had some really good hunts.

Sorry to hear about your loss. She will always be a part of your family.

That plain old sucks. Dogs don't live long enough IMO. I don't know that I'll ever own another.
Sorry to hear about you girl.

Sorry for your loss, but remember the good times. I have a lab mix that is getting a little long in the tooth and it's going to be a tough day when that one comes around for me.

Sorry for your loss. My lab is laying at my feet after coming in from a round of fetch. They are truly part of the family.

That has got to hurt! You have my condolences.

Anyone who has ever lost one knows how you feel

God bless you

bill

Nothing I can say to make it feel better. Just a really crappy day, week, month, etc.

Been there, done that. Have the T-Shirt.

We enjoy them while we have them, and some day look forward to enjoying time with the next one.

Better fast and done than slow and suffering. The 2 I've had to put down over the years went very slowly. Its sad to see them when they can't hear or see or move well, but want to be with you like they always were.

Just plain sucks.

-John

As someone who has 2 yellow labs now and dreads for when that day will come, sorry for your loss and I hope overtime the sadness fades away and you think of all the great times the two of you had.

Sorry to hear that H20Fowler. I had to put our black lab down last winter, and our yellow lab down the year before that. You miss them like crazy...but it always feels good to think about all the adventures and the great life I'm sure you gave your girl.

Sorry for your loss. My dogs have always been members of my family.
If there is a heaven, then our dogs will be there to greet us.

It's tough to loose a hunting partner and family member. She is no longer in pain and in a better place for her. Take solace in the 11 years you spent together. Sorry, getting too dusty in here....

I really appreciate the support from everyone, it really does mean a lot to me.
Dixie sure did love to hunt.
I've been through it before but it still crushes me every time. I am a dog guy, some of my favorite memories have been spent out in the woods or fields with a dog.
Our kids are all grown now and it makes for an empty house when I get home from work or need a partner to ride out to the farm. I don't like the idea of the wife home alone at night without a good burglar alarm either so I will be puppy shopping and starting a new girl sometime this fall so she will be ready next year to help me chase whatever we are hunting...and just to listen to me ramble when no one is around.

Thanks again.

H2O - Sorry for your loss, pal. I'm glad you're gonna be puppy-shopping soon. A new pup / hunter takes the sting down a bit, and helps to concentrate on the future hunts with the new member of the family. Hang in there.

Sorry you lost your companion. I lost mine a year ago and still think about him every day.

Sorry to hear about it. "Tebo" was a great duck dog and helped raise two boys. Had to put her down at 16 years old. "Maggie" is now 12 and slowing down. Will take her on some warm weather hunts but probably not on icy water days. Going to be tough when she goes. Like Bill I may not have another black lab.

Glad to hear you are looking for a new partner. I was going to suggest that but each of us handles this in our own way.

Sorry to hear. Best wishes

So sorry for your loss. Mine is 11 and slowing down to. Remember the good times.
Chuck

Damn, sorry to hear! I am fearing the day when it comes for my buddy.