Weed control

DrewMc

A good 3 year old buck
I've always used RoundUp around my fruit trees, but was wondering if it was safe to use the homemade concoction of Dawn, vinegar, salt instead?

My “organic” neighbors uses it around her shrubs, so I’d say it is safe for sure. However, I have my doubts it will be anywhere near as effective as Round-up. You can always try it on a couple “test trees” and see the results for yourself. Is it safe? … I’d say yes, it is safe. Is it effective? ...the jury is out on that, but I kinda doubt it.

I've always used RoundUp around my fruit trees, but was wondering if it was safe to use the homemade concoction of Dawn, vinegar, salt instead?

Glyphosate is a salt.

Glyphosate is a salt.
Table salt is different than glyphosate. Most plants cannot tolerate sodium chloride. That includes fruit trees.
There is a reason why in ancient times armies would salt their enemy's fields. And it was not to stunt the growth of weeds.

Table salt is different than glyphosate. Most plants cannot tolerate sodium chloride. That includes fruit trees.
There is a reason why in ancient times armies would salt their enemy's fields. And it was not to stunt the growth of weeds.
They can't tolerate glyphosate either. I too would not be using salt where I want things to grow.

Quite a few of them can!

Using salt where you want things to grow will obviously bring deer in more as well.

Quite a few of them can!

Using salt where you want things to grow will obviously bring deer in more as well.

Your going to have to explain this one Mort

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just thinking of old timers using salt in gardens or asparagus beds then inadvertently luring the deer in.

Most deer attractants consist of salt.