All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weather

Ya that’s pretty nippy:emoji_unamused:
Big Snow Man I'd cry about the weekend forecast showing us getting a morning low or two around 30 degrees, but can't imagine I'll get much sympathy from the members of this forum! All joking aside, I appreciate that for more than a few of y'all that if it gets to 30, y'all start debating wearing shorts whereas it drops to 30 here and folks dress up like Eskimos and complain like they're members of the Donner Party.

You got that right! 30 and sunny, with no wind in the northland this time of year, and there would be a bunch of people in shorts.

It started out about 10 deg last night and it warmed up all night and now it's 30 and might rain. We got another 3-4" of snow last night.

We got about 6 to 8" last night into today, done now. Highs in the single digits up next....

Overnight lows forecasted btween -18 and -22 for 4 of the next 7 nights. About 3" of snow insulation on the ground here. Not sure that will be enough to keep all my trees alive.

Just when it looked like it was going to be a mild winter.........

It sounds like Chummer is getting pooped on with another 2 ft. of snow on the Tug Hill where he prowls around. Lake effect snow off Lake Ontario is crazy. I wonder how much the snow total is there so far.

Our forecasted high for Wednesday is -18, so that should be special.

It seems the forecast gets colder every day that goes by.

Saw on the news this morning the area around my hunting land is gonna bottom out around -40 on Wednesday with a feels like temperature of -67. :emoji_rage: Cant be good for the local herd.

So the current forecast has -29 on Wednesday and a high of +38 on Saturday. Thats 67 degrees. The only good thing about -20 is it make 0 feel good :emoji_astonished:

So the current forecast has -29 on Wednesday and a high of +38 on Saturday. Thats 67 degrees. The only good thing about -20 is it make 0 feel good :emoji_astonished:
I hear ya,,, Years ago a bunch of us headed to Florida in an RV, we left in temps of -18 with Crazy wind chills close to -50, drove straight through and arrived in Fort Meyers and it was 112 degrees. We thought we stepped out onto the surface of the sun.

We got about 8" of snow last night so that should help the ground a bit if we get the forecasted -30 on wed.

The only good news I heard was that with these temperatures the next few days the emerald ash bore will take a hit.

Seems like a snow camo kinda day

-31 with WC -57 at my land this AM. Calling now for a high of +41 and rain on Sunday. Wacky weather for sure.

Chuck

-31 with WC -57 at my land this AM. Calling now for a high of +41 and rain on Sunday. Wacky weather for sure.

Chuck
Its 3 here with a windchill of -16. Supposed to hit 60 saturday

Chuck

Its the future ... wild extremes

... I had to laugh when I got to work this morning the City sent out an email saying all non essential employees can stay home, many took them up on it. Just us "essentials" left hanging around. Nice to feel important but I have to wonder why all of those that are paid more than me got the choice.

Al Gore must be gritting his teeth...........:emoji_wink:

48 deg and rain on Monday here.

62 here sunday