Weather

Getting a good rain tonight. This ought to get my buckwheat up and going.

Are you missing the heat wave?

MO shows rain for Wednesday when it breaks. I just hope it's not buckets that washes things out.

Just checked the rain gauge, 2.6" in just over 1 hour. We needed rain here but not like that. A bunch of washouts here.
Oh, and I spread urea on some corn at 4:00....winner!

No Bill we have been getting the heat too. Only time it rained this month before today was about 10 days ago when we got .10". We also have rain in the forecast for Wednesday :emoji_fingers_crossed:.

browndog, Best I can tell online is that I got about 1" at my place.

Just checked the rain gauge, 2.6" in just over 1 hour. We needed rain here but not like that. A bunch of washouts here.
Oh, and I spread urea on some corn at 4:00....winner!

Agh, that's what I'm afraid of!

No Bill we have been getting the heat too. Only time it rained this month before today was about 10 days ago when we got .10". We also have rain in the forecast for Wednesday :emoji_fingers_crossed:.

browndog, Best I can tell online is that I got about 1" at my place.

You are west of me and this heavy rain came from your direction. I'd say your area got just as much.

Agh, that's what I'm afraid of!

I'm wondering if my urea was washed away. We had a light rain at about 4:30 and then it quit. Big rain came at 5:30 and was over about 6:45. Just a light rain now, should be over soon.

La Crosse radar has me in the 1" band while the Green Bay radar puts me in the 1.5" band.

storm.jpg

I'm wondering if my urea was washed away. We had a light rain at about 4:30 and then it quit. Big rain came at 5:30 and was over about 6:45. Just a light rain now, should be over soon.

Not sure but if your lucky the light rain dissolved most of it and it absorbed in. I know it doesn't take much moisture for it to dissolve.

La Crosse radar has me in the 1" band while the Green Bay radar puts me in the 1.5" band.

View attachment 13494

They have me in the 2.5-3"range. Glad I missed out on the red area, that was from a band of storms that were popping up at 3:30 and they just missed me.

90 degree temps and sustained 30 mph winds arent good for anything! Have I ever mentioned I hate summer!! Hopefully today is the last day for the wind at least.

Pouring like a b#&%$ right now with a little hail mixed in.

I got a little over 3 inches on Sunday, but just east of me got close to 7 inches. Between the wind, and the rain we got, it laid a bunch of my winter rye down, and my apple trees look like they have been roughed up a bit. I am planning on going up there this weekend, so I hope there isnt to much damage.

East of me has been getting hammered. I'm not sure if I got anything earlier this morning. The storms were popping up scattered around me before really coming together to the east. I need to put a rain gauge up for these hit and miss events.

I had 3" this morning about 9, but then has been pouring down again today. Flash flood warnings, but my property will be fine.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

East of me has been getting hammered.

Yeah, it's getting a little ridiculous now. Pouring again.

I still had a duck cam out. I checked it yesterday and the water was 12" below the bottom of the cam(it has been dry here). I just checked the cam and the water was 6" over the top of it.:emoji_unamused:

Just got back in the house. Helped my brother pour 25 yards of concrete for a church parking lot project first thing and then went to the nursery to water for a couple of hours. Damn I hate hot wind, send some rain this way fellows! Looks like the wind is supposed to drop way off after today and even the temps a bit this weekend.

I still had a duck cam out. I checked it yesterday and the water was 12" below the bottom of the cam(it has been dry here). I just checked the cam and the water was 6" over the top of it.:emoji_unamused:
Ouch. A total loss I assume?

Ouch. A total loss I assume?
No, it still works. I was afraid to open it but it was completely dry inside. Just a bunch of scum on it. It took 3 pics and 3 vids while I pulled it out of the water. Brought it home to double check everything and dry out the mics. Just tested it and everything works as it should
c51038ab32b9e7dff0014f56abf8e852.jpg
ec0b8686b5febb62ff2cab0601282025.jpg

Past 2.5 weeks about 0.5" of rain, last 2 days we got 1.4" ... lots still needed