Watersorb and evergreens

bigeight

5 year old buck +
Do you guys dip your evergreens in watersorb, or similar products before planting?

I do a little goes a long ways..Make sure to keep stirring as you add it or it will clump up. I use a paint stirrer on my cordless as I add it. Gets almost as thick as honey.

I wouldn't plant any bare root without it. I planted 200 last year and 1300 the year before with a 95% or better survival rate. Last year wasn't to bad but the year before was very dry. The root gel saved them.

Yes!

Thanks fellas. I appreciate the replies :)

If I leave it runny enough, should I be able to just dip each bundle of 25 and have it get in all the nooks and crannies?

always

If properly mixed it should not be runny. Otherwise you are defeating the purpose of using it.

For some reason I've never heard of this stuff and have planted a lot of bare root's over the years. I could use this on any bareroot plantings from the sounds of it?

I use it on every bare root tree and shrub I plant.

My wife even mix's it in with her potting soil on flowers she palnts every year.

I sprinkle the dry granules into the backfill soil and then water the heck out of the tree. The granules absorb the water and hold it in the soil longer. It's not dipping the roots, but at least for me it seems to work. I've had very few dry up. When I plant, I come back over the trees 3 or 4 times during the day I plant them and hit them w/ more water. It gives a more thorough soaking instead of all running off. I think that helps.