All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Waterfowl

Youngest son had a really good shoot in the south zone this afternoon. He really has a passion for it that I like to see.

I might have to try one more time yet this year, he said there were a few big flocks of specs just out of range.

38A5E7FE-F6A9-4C13-AEF1-0BB7D43E9FAF.jpeg

I was up there this week and saw more geese than I have ever seen up there including specs.

^^^ Beautiful!

Darcy! Looking statuesque as ever. Nice hunt.

Great job!

Last edited:
I'm in the Faroe Islands now, and the place is crawling with eiders. It's not too difficult to get into shooting range either. Sure gives me an itchy trigger finger.
20230918_130946.jpg

Had a good first hunt with the mutt today. Kevin did well even though he has 0 experience at this. Wasn't intimidated by the birds, had some trouble at first figuring out how to pick them up but figured it out.
Got 5 between 2 of us. Should have limited out in no time, but bad shooting ruled the early morning!

Attachments

• PXL_20230923_133906211.jpg
    PXL_20230923_133906211.jpg
    919.6 KB · Views: 25
  • PXL_20230923_133912425.jpg
    PXL_20230923_133912425.jpg
    828.1 KB · Views: 26
Thats a good one

Well he's just the cutest thing ever

Darling! He's a real quackerjack!

Sorry. I had to dot it!

This just quacks me up!

Nice Cans and the blue phase snow is very cool looking.

Quite a few Specks at high level altitude heading south yesterday, I always enjoy hearing them overhead as that as a true indication that Fall is underway.

Nice trip.
Alway wanted to shoot a can.

Finally got some ducks. Up until now, I had only seen 4 ducks on public land with none in range. Has been really slow unless I wanted to shoot geese which I have minimal desire for unless I already have ducks to clean.

Picked up a couple more public land ducks. Should have gotten a limit, but I wasn't holding my mouth right... Passed on way too many geese since I only took 1/2 day off and didn't have time to deal with them.