VT Rifle Opener - Keeping it Old School

Natty Bumppo

5 year old buck +
This morning starts my tracking season with the VT rifle opener. Remington pump sighted in....woolies cleaned and missing buttons restitched...and the top put back on my hunting rig after a nice topless summer. There's no snow where I'm going, so I'll be still hunting. Not many deer either...but they're big.

Good luck to all the trackers out there in search of an old square foot.

K5.jpg

This post makes me smile. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good Luck Natty
Good luck!!!!
Love the old school vibe.
I can just hear and smell that beast of a rig! I love it
This post makes me smile. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys.

Slow yesterday. Saw more moose sign than deer sign. But it's gorgeous country and I had a good time. Heading back up this morning.

Good luck!
Awesome Blazer!

Would love to have one of those.

Enjoy. Used to hunt the NY / VT border a few years.

Freind from college had a K5. I drive like a nut and he would scare me in that thing.

Good luck!
Awesome Blazer!

Would love to have one of those.

Thanks Teeder. Slow weekend...but no snow. I was basically just hoping to bump into a deer while still hunting.

Back up next weekend.

Enjoy. Used to hunt the NY / VT border a few years.

Freind from college had a K5. I drive like a nut and he would scare me in that thing.

LOL. I go pretty easy on mine. It's never seen salt. All original sheet metal. Frame is solid. You just can't find then anymore in the Northeast that are in decent condition. Most are rotted out. I put mine up every winter once we get snow and they start salting the roads.

Northeast Kingdom?? Your wool hunting clothes are right up my alley. Quiet, warm - even if wet. I've hunted Maine a number of times, so I know what kind of hunting experience you're enjoying. I hope you have great luck, Natty!! Nail a BIG one. Pics if you drop one, please.

Northeast Kingdom?? Your wool hunting clothes are right up my alley. Quiet, warm - even if wet. I've hunted Maine a number of times, so I know what kind of hunting experience you're enjoying. I hope you have great luck, Natty!! Nail a BIG one. Pics if you drop one, please.

Thanks Bows....appreciate it. I'm actually down south in Somerset. It's only an hour drive for me. It's been mild though so no snow for tracking. Seen some beautiful country....but haven't even jumped a deer yet.