All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Views from my ladder stand

Barndog56

5 year old buck +
Here are the views from my bow hunting ladder stand here at home. Only have about 1.5 acres to hunt, so one stand about covers it all. There are about 250 acres of woods back behind me, mostly hardwoods with lots of oak, that doesn't get hunted and is where the deer bed.

Pic #1 shows the left side view. The dead patch starting 25 yards out is my newly broadcast cereal grain area. Behind it you can see the wife's box blind for rifle season, behind it some horse pasture, and then the house. Have tried for 2 years to get a screen planted just this side of box blind, qith nothing yet. This next spring I plan on putting in a couple hundred rhizomes of miscanthus.
dd111425582f5edf29e7b9062136d04e.jpg

Pic #2 is straight out from ladder. Clover/alfalfa up front with brassica plot starting at 25 yards out.
38c75846b658ae8524aff36ad2b2fde8.jpg

Pic #3 is to the right of ladder and overlooks the clover/alfalfa plot. Behind that is an open grass field owned by neighbor who has never been here in the 2 years we've lived here.
cfbef5bdc3d9731382bcae713d01e854.jpg

Deer movement generally comes from left to right through pics 1, then 2, then 3, and vice versa, or from neighbors open field in through the brassicas in back of pic 2.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

I cannot even imagine hunting in a place where deer actually show up in the open in daylight. You northern and central guys got it good. My pineywoods Alabama deer would not be caught dead out in the open like that, at least not during shooting hours.

I cannot even imagine hunting in a place where deer actually show up in the open in daylight. You northern and central guys got it good. My pineywoods Alabama deer would not be caught dead out in the open like that, at least not during shooting hours.

Start doing deer drives to get them moving.

Does will walk out before dark, but bucks aren't showing til about an hour after dark. Hoping a plot screen would change that in the future.

Good looking spot. It would be great to walk out the door and get in the tree. I am able to do that during turkey season but no deer here around the house.