All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Video Captures

bigbendmarine

5 year old buck +
Started a thread for trophy displays yesterday, and today kicking off a thread I believe might be equally if not even more entertaining... a thread for sharing video captures.

Versus making it a contest or limiting it in much in any way I'd just prefer it be pretty wide open as some of my favorite shares by others have varied from game camera captures to videos recorded while in the stand (and even out home windows).

I'll kick things off with a stitched series of game camera captures I got a few weeks ago... think it speaks LOUDLY (especially at one point) to why I like the action that videos capture more than still photos... as they just tell more of a story.

To set the scene it took place in a hog trap I've got out (though unfortunately the hogs are largely avoiding it at the moment). Don't think the attempted attack was successful... at least I've yet to find any evidence it was... but still gets my heart racing a bit.

Can't wait to see shares from others and may even find / reshare a few posted by others just to get the ball rolling.

Last edited:
Also remember a video one forum member shared that if memory served was filmed from his house and showed one or two bucks chasing does as doggedly as I've ever seen captured on film... even chased them into a pond and went swimming after them. Anyone recognizes the description, love to see it shared again in this thread!

Hope Davidhelmly doesn't mind me sharing, but loved this particular action capture he made!

I don't mind at all bbm, I was actually in that clover plot 2 weekends ago replacing the limbs in that scrape tree. Unfortunately just a couple of weeks after I passed that buck last year he disappeared.

Here is one from this summer when we were feeding, the buck closest to the camera I believe to be 4.5 and the buck at the feeder I believe to be 6.5 and in the video you can definitely see the pecking order there!

After bit of searching found the crazy rut chase video! Catscratch shared it a few years ago, but never gets old seeing it... talk about rutting action!

Cool black coyote video BigBendMarine. What is on that stump that had him so interested?

After bit of searching found the crazy rut chase video! Catscratch shared it a few years ago, but never gets old seeing it... talk about rutting action!

Awesome! I was going through this thread and thinking it would be cool to be able to add something. I didn't even think about that video and that it could be posted here. Been a while since I watched it... nice reminder!

Cool black coyote video BigBendMarine. What is on that stump that had him so interested?
Mineral block is down in the stump, but before this capture only have had a few coyotes run through the area with zero specific interest paid to the stump. Have had a bobcat spraying on the stump recently and it always has lots of deer visiting it. Even had pigs using it for scratching purposes earlier in the year. Spot also sits in low area surrounded by oaks and with acorns dropping it's even been thick with turkeys lately. Guessing multiple scents the drove yote into sensory overload!

Last edited:
Here is one that I had forgot about from last season but I love it. Evidently the doe had given this buck the slip and he is getting frantic! It's hilarious if you watch it all the way thru and keep an eye on the closest/biggest pine tree on the left side of the screen.

It's not a trailcam video but it was pretty funny to me, these 2 little guys were very entertaining on Thanksgiving afternoon.

First of several compilation style videos I'm working on using 2018 game camera captures. Members who grew up listening to 80s music in their younger years will likely remember the song... seemed fitting!

Second compilation video from 2018 game camera captures... actually kicking the music back to the mid-70s with this one while praying the powers that be won't take down the video, as the song is just TOO fitting! :emoji_wink:

I love that one bigbend! I have to wonder if they are inching, or marking, that stump. Nice job!!

My understanding is definitely to scratch what itches more than any intentional marking... that and they're also killing at least a portion of the little parasitic critters causing the itching in the process. Reminds me of the old saying, ""Tis better than riches to scratch when it itches."

That's funny!