utility pole licking branch?

bueller

I've got a couple wooden power line poles in a food plot that qualify for the "turd in a punch bowl" analogy. Thinking of attaching a licking branch to one near my stand. Has anybody done this with success?

Never done it but curious if you do it and anxious to hear the outcome. I bought 20 -14 foot long, 6 to 8 inch diameter cedar poles as the bases for my licking branches.

I have a grape vine attached to a cedar tree trunk that gets quite a bit of use. It's worth a shot to try.

Never hurts to try. Hack off a 2 to 3 foot piece of grape vine that is about as big around as your thumb or a little bigger and add it to your set-up. The sap smell and taste will attract interested parties and the sticky sap will help hold the natural deer scent. The deer "should" take care of the rest. Don't be afraid to put up several and let the deer tell you which one they like the most. A difference of 10 yards can make a difference sometimes. Post up some pics, hang a cam and good luck!

I've got a couple wooden power line poles in a food plot that qualify for the "turd in a punch bowl" analogy. Thinking of attaching a licking branch to one near my stand. Has anybody done this with success?

........... a Bartyllaism........

bill

Bet it works just fine. My buddy has a long driveway to his polebuilding about 200 yds off the road. There is usually a cornfield on one side and a hayfield on the other. One year a power pole about midway down the driveway had a pretty good rub on it.

Sounds like it's worth a try. I'm going to try and get one or two up this weekend.

Bet it works just fine. My buddy has a long driveway to his polebuilding about 200 yds off the road. There is usually a cornfield on one side and a hayfield on the other. One year a power pole about midway down the driveway had a pretty good rub on it.
I also have a buddy with a pole outside his house...it's been rubbed for years.
I don't see why attaching a piece of grape vine to a pole wouldn't work. It's worth a try.
Grape vine works great for a licking branch. I've been doing it for quite a few years now. I've gotten literally 10s of thousands of pics off my best one. This time of the year, I easily get 700-800 pics per week on that one site. I'll pull that card later today.

I would also think that it would work good a piece of manilla rope would work also. Only takes 1 deer to put it's nose in it then it seems every deer that goes by wants to touch it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I did put one up. Used a flag pole holder to secure the branch. Didn't have a free camera to put on it right now. If they start using it I'll find one to put up.