All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upgraded Some of My Food Plot Equipment

Terrific_tom

5 year old buck +
Thanks to my lovely wife I was able to upgrade big time on my food plot equipment. Kubota L3301 HST and a 58 inch Land Pride tiller. Also got a new trailer to haul the stuff.20200731_160946.jpg

Nice! Raise that tiller so it only hits the top inch and you'll be able to min-till most of the fall and many of the spring seeds we typically plant for deer. If you don't have a cultipacker yet, you can use your tiller for that. Simply turn off the PTO and let the tines walk across the top of the plot after broadcasting the seed.

Tractor is beautiful. I'm leaning toward Kubota for my next tractor. I have an old B2400 that I love and is never in the shop. I needed something larger so I got a Kioti DK45 4x4 with FEL and cab about 10 years ago. It is in the shop constantly for one thing or another. I'll be looking at Kubota hard for my next upgrade!

Thanks,

Jack

052AEF08-FFD7-4817-B759-AC7EFD097DE1.jpeg
Sitting on my Kubota reading your post. I bought one 3 years ago and it has been rock solid. Maintenance is a breeze. Yours is newer than mine so it may be somewhat different but I tend to get a lot of debris stuck in the radiator and front grill. A good compressor from the side and backside makes clean up easy. My only gripe is the grease fittings on the loader arms are a PIA to get onto. I changed all mine to 90s. You should enjoy that for years to come. The first scratch hurts the most.

Nice rig

Congrats on the Kubota. I've got a L3800 that has been rock solid for 3 years, love that little beast.

Congrats. Have had my Kubota MX5800 for 4 years now and have been very pleased. You will enjoy it and make sure you have room for implements you will be adding. :emoji_wink:

I ran an L3830HST for 5 years before needing a bigger tractor. It was a great tractor. Congrats on your new equipment!