UN successful hunt

nateb440

5 year old buck +
well I waited until the perfect morning and made my first sit this morning. It was a beautiful cold and calm morning here in the hills near the ky river. Only had a doe swing by around 8:00. The wind picked up and I couldn't hear very well due to the still hanging oak leaves rustling in the wind. About 12:00 I hear something to my left and look down and there's a beautiful 10 point about 150 cruising on by at a mere 20 yards. Keep in mind I'm hunting steep hills and thick cover so my ears are my best weapon. Had the wind been less I would have heard him and been ready. Of course I'm sitting down and my bow is on the right side of the tree so I swing around grab my bow and by the time I get the release hooked, he's in my lane and still walking. I'm still sitting and can't stand without him busting me so I try to draw on him twisted around to my back left at about 7 o'clock and couldn't even get the bow back. Off he walked. I tried calling him back to no avail. I'm bummed. Hopefully I'll get another chance. Easy chances like that don't come every day in my neck of the woods.

Bummer.

That stinks. But it was still a successful hunt in my book. You put yourself in the right spot on the right day at the right time and had the right deer in position. This usually doesn't happen by accident. I know the feeling of missing a good opportunity in an area where good opportunities are rare. It stings and stings for a while. Unfortunately you weren't able to seal the deal this time around but your formula worked and you will have chances again.

That does suck but I agree with bueller. You were in the right spot and got to lay eyes on him.

Nate- I feel sick for you. Keep grinding away and you will get another opportunity. Don’t give up.